ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: IPAD RTA...  (Read 6029 times)

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
Re: IPAD RTA...
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »

Is there an app that could be recommended for use in finding problem frequencies (monitor setup)? Was looking at SMAART,  Audio tools.... like some of the other options they offer
 Thanks

Audio Kit is great. Frequently on sale for $1, it's $8 right now. iPhone app, but looks fine scaled up.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audio-kit/id376965050

I also have SMAART and several others.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

George Dougherty

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 11:46:32 PM »

Thanks, purchased the app and love the features but it does have a fee such as SMAART single channel w/ spectrograph that is an additional cost. Are you finding the tools with $19.95 app RTA, fft... are fine for monitor setup or is the spectrograph worth additional cost?
I have the SMAART module and it's probably the most used module outside of the tone generator I use to find feedback frequencies I'm hearing live.  It's great ringing out monitors since it's easier to see the harmonics as well.  The SPL Dashboard is another well used module.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 11:47:20 AM »

Is there an app that could be recommended for use in finding problem frequencies (monitor setup)? Was looking at SMAART,  Audio tools.... like some of the other options they offer
 Thanks
I have a couple that I really like:

1. "iAudio Tool" from Julian Bunn is great! I have it on my iPad and I also have his "Audio Tool" on my Android phone.

2. As others have mentioned, Studio Six Digital is great and it appears that Andrew Smith also created an iPhone app for JL Audio with a lot of features built in. Look in the app store for "JL Audio". There are a number of calculators built in to help with Ohm's Law, Amplifier output voltage, dB Conversion, and a Sine Wave Calculator.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 11:47:20 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.