ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need amp help!  (Read 3198 times)

Kevin LeBoeuf

Need amp help!
« on: December 10, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »

Can I run two EAW LA325's per side on a Macro-tech 3600? I guess you'd be running them on 2 ohms a piece, but the amp can handle that, right? I'm new... sorry If I messed anything up!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Need amp help!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »

No advice or replys until you change your name to your real name as stated when you sign up to this site.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Kevin LeBoeuf

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »

I think I fixed it!!! Thank you for the heads up!

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »

Can I run two EAW LA325's per side on a Macro-tech 3600? I guess you'd be running them on 2 ohms a piece, but the amp can handle that, right? I'm new... sorry If I messed anything up!

You can definitely do it, but you will be way under power on the speakers.  The macro-tech will definitely run at a 2 ohm load.

Bill
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Kevin LeBoeuf

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 05:08:05 PM »

You can definitely do it, but you will be way under power on the speakers.  The macro-tech will definitely run at a 2 ohm load.

Bill

Thanks Bill-
I didn't even think I'd be under powering them... I might be misinformed.  Amp Specs say 1800 watts at 2 ohms per channel, and each cab is 600 RMS at 4 ohms.  How much would I be under powering it by?

Thanks for the help!

Bob Kidd

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 06:09:43 PM »

Thanks Bill-
I didn't even think I'd be under powering them... I might be misinformed.  Amp Specs say 1800 watts at 2 ohms per channel, and each cab is 600 RMS at 4 ohms.  How much would I be under powering it by?

Thanks for the help!

If I remember correctly the MA runs 1565 @ 4 ohms per channel (stereo) which should be fine for eaw's

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »

Amp Specs say 1800 watts at 2 ohms per channel, and each cab is 600 RMS at 4 ohms.  How much would I be under powering it by?
Not much really. If you can get the SPL you need/want without driving the amp into clipping you're good. The standard recommendation for amp-speaker ratio is to match the Program rating which would be 1200w/box in this case. 900w vs 1200w is only 1.5db on paper and its up at the power compression end of things so in reality you may only see half that gain in the real world.. which wouldn't even be enough of a difference to hear.

chuck clark

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 01:07:29 AM »

Can I run two EAW LA325's per side on a Macro-tech 3600? I guess you'd be running them on 2 ohms a piece, but the amp can handle that, right?

Kev, the critical bit of info missing here is: are you using them with or without subwoofers? I think you'll be completely happy with the mac 3600...-unless your running them at very high levels without subs. If your cranking body slamming EDM or other music with big low frequency content thru them and NOT using subs -then the comments here about more power might become valid.

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 08:31:29 AM »

I believe I've read on the EAW forum several times the LA325 can't be arrayed, need to be one box per side. They are 90 degree horizontal coverage
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 08:48:54 AM »

The MA3600 is the only Macro tech I didn't care a lot for.  I owned all the others except the 600 (to small for me)

It was fine for many applications-but if you load it to 2 ohms and ask a lot of bass out of it (like fast double kick drum or dance type material) it would run out of gas very quickly.

So it depends on what type of music you are using it for.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 08:48:54 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.