ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Weather...  (Read 7696 times)

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: Weather...
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 01:22:23 AM »

Hey Tommy I know how you feel. I'm down here in Corpus.

Funny, it's in the upper 80's and I have my truck in the shop getting the heater fixed.  :o

That's about right... Is Corpus going to get any of this cold front?

With this kind of weather usually what happens here is it snows/sleets/rains one night then the next day it gets just warm enough to melt it a little before it refreezes making the roads horrible the following morning.

And if we're really lucky the ice makes tree limbs take out power lines and then most people(myself included) don't have heat (central a/c+heat pump/resistive electric heat). ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »

That's about right... Is Corpus going to get any of this cold front?

With this kind of weather usually what happens here is it snows/sleets/rains one night then the next day it gets just warm enough to melt it a little before it refreezes making the roads horrible the following morning.

And if we're really lucky the ice makes tree limbs take out power lines and then most people(myself included) don't have heat (central a/c+heat pump/resistive electric heat). ;-)

:'(
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 12:45:35 AM »

Forecast low is for around +10F next few nights here in SW Washington state; highs not supposed to go above freezing until next Tuesday. I've already had a couple freezups in my pumphouse (no damage yet); hopefully the couple of heat lamps I put in there will help. My "pumphouse" is a room in the back of an open shed; it's a rickety, drafty shelter for which there is no possible way to seal out the cold. It couldn't even keep out cats, racoons, or small sasquatch, let alone cold drafts.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 01:16:08 AM »

Home depot sells this stuff called insulation. You should check it out.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »

Forecast low is for around +10F next few nights here in SW Washington state; highs not supposed to go above freezing until next Tuesday. I've already had a couple freezups in my pumphouse (no damage yet); hopefully the couple of heat lamps I put in there will help. My "pumphouse" is a room in the back of an open shed; it's a rickety, drafty shelter for which there is no possible way to seal out the cold. It couldn't even keep out cats, racoons, or small sasquatch, let alone cold drafts.

I've seen some electrical heating tape, that you wind around the water pipes and plug into 120V. That and pipe insulation should help. Ideally a thermostat to automatically switch the heat on/off.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »

I have those tapes on a couple of pipes that run outside. I don't use them often and have had them on the pipes for 20 years, but they work very well and last forever. The key to success is to make sure the thermostat on the tape makes proper flat contact with the pipe.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »

Pretty nice weather for this time of year in Boston you hosers. Waaaa, waaaa, waaaa. Stop crying wimps.
Just finished two nights of out door shows with the temp being 19 degrees the first night and 17 degrees last nights.  Equipment worked great and I wore shorts both nights!!  I say man-up people it's late fall and winter is just around the corner...at least that's what it's like in central Illinois.

Bill  8)
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »

Just finished two nights of out door shows with the temp being 19 degrees the first night and 17 degrees last nights.  Equipment worked great and I wore shorts both nights!!  I say man-up people it's late fall and winter is just around the corner...at least that's what it's like in central Illinois.

Bill  8)

I'm with you!  Go get 'em, tiger!

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »

Bill  8)

Yeah but come down here in the summer when it's 95 in the shade with 80 percent humidity !!!

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »

Yeah but come down here in the summer when it's 95 in the shade with 80 percent humidity !!!

I'll take an East Texas summer over this below freezing weather we've been having. :-)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.