ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RF Intermod calc for mac  (Read 7405 times)

darren mcmahon

RF Intermod calc for mac
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:16:31 PM »

Hi Community,

Whilst I realise that this sort of thing is a mere single tool in a large armoury, is there an RF intermod calculator for the Mac ? I know about the IAS system and there are a few others but (unless I am being thick) they all seem to be PC based..

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: RF Intermod calc for mac
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:58:08 PM »

Hi Community,

Whilst I realise that this sort of thing is a mere single tool in a large armoury, is there an RF intermod calculator for the Mac ? I know about the IAS system and there are a few others but (unless I am being thick) they all seem to be PC based..

IAS and RF Guru are both Windows OS only, but Shure's Wireless Workbench is Windows or Mac OS. Aside from the cost of buying a copy of Windows, there really are no problems running Windows either as the base OS, or in a virtual environment like Parallels or Fusion.

Mac

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 06:03:36 PM »

IAS and RF Guru are both Windows OS only, but Shure's Wireless Workbench is Windows or Mac OS. Aside from the cost of buying a copy of Windows, there really are no problems running Windows either as the base OS, or in a virtual environment like Parallels or Fusion.

Mac

I use Shure's WWB6 for a variety of systems not all of which are Shure products.  Works a champ for me....
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

darren mcmahon

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 02:23:22 AM »

Hi Guys,

THanks for the replies, I am currently on (a remote) site but don't currently have a windows portal installed on the mac (something I will most likely do when I get home). I do have WW6 running but (alas) only on 6 of the 30 units (which aren't all the same) It is looking very useful but (unless I am being really daft) I am unable to use it as an offline calc tool ? (as a theoretical exercise) I will have a closer look later. I also have the sennheiser one here which I shall investigate a bit further.

Thanks again, will post different RF Q later if any of you are Guru's..

Scott Helmke

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 09:53:26 AM »

You can definitely use WWB6 as an offline coordination program. Just add whatever else you need to your inventory list, and then run the coordination. You'll still use the "deploy to inventory" button, which will just update the frequencies listed for your virtual items in the inventory.

darren mcmahon

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »

You can definitely use WWB6 as an offline coordination program. Just add whatever else you need to your inventory list, and then run the coordination. You'll still use the "deploy to inventory" button, which will just update the frequencies listed for your virtual items in the inventory.

Thanks Scott, will look again..

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.