ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How's your digital remote-preamp rack set up?  (Read 1076 times)

Steve Ferreira

Re: How's your digital remote-preamp rack set up?
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 09:18:45 pm »

Jim,

I like both of the ways you had that snake set up. I personally perfer the wheeled case, but both seem that they would work great.

Daniel Nickleski

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 12:18:09 pm »

Here is one of our touring rigs. The whole monitor world in one rack. Stage patch his located under that with cpc inputs feeding a 3 way splitter. There is also 6 local I/O on the split. Very sleek setup that is perfect for a touring band of any size. This one was headed out on an arena tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Bednarski

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 07:26:47 am »

Late to this party but wasn't going to unpack the trailer mid week for the sake of photo!

This dual 12 rack has worked out really well -- except that it weighs more than I'd like but makes up for it in convenience and speed being able to leave the back of the case closed so the two sides can remain patched together 'behind the scenes' but also immediately accessible if/when needed.

As a follow up to this thread, http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,145694.0.html - the Trip Lite Tripp SMART 750 now powers the two S16s + Sennheiser Transmitter and returns to an edison outlet (left rack, bottom right, "AC FOH"), for the X32 out front or stage side.

The other AC in, goes to the Monster (on the list to get rid of), which powers the three GX3s (monitors) and a Trip Light power strip (right rack, bottom right).

I leave the little 1 foot XLR jumpers permanently patched - the front case cover does not press against them.  6 (5 shown, right rack, bottom left), jump from a patch panel to the lower S16 9->14, outs for monitors.  They connect around back to the GX3s.  The matching returns/speakons arrive just to the right.

Can't see in the pic... but that last knock out in the right rack, bottom right, far right of the speakon patches, is a EitherCon that patches to the S16.  Works nice!

The Sennheisers IEM transmitter patches from the top S16 channels 5 & 6, into that Hosa panel, which loops around back to the transmitter.  A previous iteration of this rack included more wireless transmitters and receivers which patched in a similar manner via the Hosa.

My front end consists of pair KW153s and KW181s.  The Pro Co Siamese Twins work nicely - Subs into top S16 outs 7 & 8, and mains lower S16 15 & 16, L/R respectively.  That lower trip light power strip provides the power.

Drawers are a god send.  The size and height works very well for jobs where set the X32 on top (Gator Doghouse Case). 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 25 queries.