ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Si Expression Live + Recording Setup  (Read 43423 times)

Grant Birchard

• New Destiny Productions
Re: Soundcraft Si Expression Live + Recording Setup
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 02:57:45 PM »

The MADI/USB card can be splir 32/32 MADI/USB, or all 64 outputs can be optioned MADI OR USB. The USB port from this combo card will feed your PC or MAC directly. If using a PC then the supplied driver is installed and your DAW uses that driver for recording purposes utilizing the channels selected through the board and routed to the USB port.

In my case I use the card split 32/32, or 32 channels to the stage box, and 32 channels to my DAW which is Cubase V8. Latency is under 6ms with all channels recording and monitoring the mix in stereo.

Being that you own a performer then your fiber optic option card will continue to control the stage box, and the combo USB/MADI card can be utilized in any manner you feel is correct for your purposes.

More detail can be found here;

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/si-option-cards
Thanks, Bob!! That clears it up!! I had read that article you posted there and was still unclear. The being able to run the MADI USB card in 'all 64 mode' - wasn't really stated anywhere.. So the MADI Optical Option card already IN my Performer (in AV Booth) will talk to the Stage Box. And then I can buy and put the MADI USB option card in the AV BOOTH Performer which will automatically be seen as an ASIO device by my recording MAC? And can see all 64 channels on the line?

Then our Front of House Performer we'll be getting in a few weeks.. Will talk 'only' to the STAGE BOX through the Stage Box's extra Optical port - right?

Have I understood you correctly? - and thanks in advance!
Grant
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:02:38 PM by Grant Birchard »

Grant Birchard

Soundcraft Si Expression Live + Recording Setup
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »

Ooops... Just read the user guide on the USB MADI.. and it says this:
Audio capability across the USB link is 32 channels in and 32 channels out at 48KHz, whilst
the Cat 5 MADI port can be used simultaneously with up to 32 inputs and 32 outputs. More
channels can be transported via MADI at the expense of the USB connection for a maximum
of 64 MADI input/output paths.
---
NOTE: Only a maximum of 32 channels of the USB can be used. Standard configuration
allows for 32x32 channels of USB and 32x32 channels of remote I/O simultaneously
So my need for a 64 channel solution as I mentioned a few posts ago.. precludes my use of the less expensive USB MADI card. I will need the Dante option card and the dante Virtual Sound card on my Mac -or- a 2nd optical  MADI card in the Si Perf + an RME Madiface for all 64 into my computer.. Agreed?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:55:11 PM by Grant Birchard »

Grant Birchard

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2015, 09:53:04 PM »

Decided to go with a Dante option card to get my full 64 stream.

Thanks for all your help, gents!!
Grant

Bob Gee

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 03:21:15 PM »

Hi,
I would like use my iPad with Auria DAW to record from the multi-digital card on my si expression.
Does any know if
A) the card is iOS compatible?
B) what transfer rate the card uses?

Many thanks,
Bob

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber