ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: QU16 - help  (Read 14180 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: QU16 - help
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 10:08:48 AM »

good story, and glad you pulled it off! i was kinda in the same boat, learning to use a new mackie DL1608 on the job after being an old-school mixwiz guy forever, and doing it with zero soundcheck time while playing in the band to boot!

(now i never want to go back, and the mackie isn't even at the level of your QU16!)

all i can add is that as far as i'm concerned, when you guys rolled up and the space wasn't cleared when they said it would be, all the pressure on you was off. you would of course all do your best to set up and start in a timely fashion, but ultimately at that point you start when you start and they get what they get. >:(

You are right. In fact, the playing time was definitely cut short - but I get stressed out if I feel rushed and I like to be set up, sound checked and enjoying a beer at least 20-30 minutes before show time. Now I am familiar with the QU16, I have no problems with the extra learning curve so all is good.
BTW, the band played the same place last week and the area had been kept free of guests and we loaded in much earlier. However, It was a different manager on duty and a friday night instead of saturday. Less customers ....Upside - easier set-up, downside - smaller audience.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Kev Jones

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 11:29:26 AM »

Hey Kev...sorry , didn't see this comment till now.
When I recorded it was dry. I downloaded into garageband believe it or not - no extra software necessary - and was able to add each effect and PEQ to each channel in GB.
I'd rather have things that way so I can start from scratch in a recording setting. Live requires different dynamics anyway.

Debbie, many thanks for the info.  Yes, I agree that 'dry' gives you more control downstream.  However, at the moment I have no recording/editing software on my PC... so I was wondering if I could record multi-track using Qu-Drive onto a hard disk (with the live show effects applied) and then just use something simple (like Audacity) to adjust the volume levels of the various tracks, before generating a stereo recording that I can give to the rest of the band.

Thanks again.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 12:44:14 PM »

Debbie, many thanks for the info.  Yes, I agree that 'dry' gives you more control downstream.  However, at the moment I have no recording/editing software on my PC... so I was wondering if I could record multi-track using Qu-Drive onto a hard disk (with the live show effects applied) and then just use something simple (like Audacity) to adjust the volume levels of the various tracks, before generating a stereo recording that I can give to the rest of the band.

Thanks again.

Just run the tracks back through the Qu and apply whatever processing/FX you want.  Record the result to Audacity for mastering.

One nice thing is that you can do a mix several different ways saving each to a scene for A/B'ing.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Kev Jones

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 02:54:41 PM »

Thanks, Dick. I appreciate the advice.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 02:54:41 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.