ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: QU16 - help  (Read 14177 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: QU16 - help
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »

And Happy Holidays to you too Sir......
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »

Thanks Dick.

I do have the firmware all updated and I think I have worked out that what I am expecting the ipad to do, is not actually do-able or in fact necessary.
I was expecting to see the FX layer light illuminate on the mixer and the faders move when I select the FX layer on the ipad - just like it does normally when you select that layer on the mixer.
However, it makes sense that the changes are not evident on the mixer if you make them from the iPad because until you select the FX layer on the mixer, you are unable to proceed to make changes anyway.
I hope this doesn't sound like giberish...???????

I didn't know you spoke Gibberish?  Have you spent a lot of time in Giberia????
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 05:22:52 PM »

I didn't know you spoke Gibberish?  Have you spent a lot of time in Giberia????

I know - sorry. Even after I read that back a few times I couldn't get it to sound right !

Had some fun today with the iPad. Now I just have to get the Cisco guest network user password protected.  I don't want to have access available at gigs to my connection. I was able to name my router and password protect it but cannot seem to get the guest option protected or deleted.......didn't see the option on the installation disc....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »

... The start of the evening was disastrous.
...We continued to wait and finally at around 10.00pm staff came into the room with tables and chairs. We frantically started dragging the equipment in and begun setting up. People were still in the way and it made things very difficult for us.

...The band sounded great and I got more compliments than I ever have.
I was absolutely STOKED.
After I calmed down, I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and the live experience was the best training tool ever.

Glad to hear you turned the lemons into lemon meringue pie a la mode. Your description reminded me of more than one similar experience I have had with delays getting started with setup. Since you are going back there soon, it might be worth a nice short upbeat phone call to the manager to say that although it turned out great at the end, you would really like to try to make the set up go more smoothly and be able to start on time next time. Give him your best estimate of the time you need from end of load in until the show starts and ask about ways you can make it happen given their need to function as both a restaurant and a music venue. Maybe you can first load in part of your stuff that you can start setting up before the stage is completely clear, set it up and then bring in the rest of the stuff after the tables are moved. I have always hated the extra stress of trying to rush with an unrealistic time constraint, and often part or most of that stress can be prevented with some thoughtful advance arrangements. At the very least the manager may gain some respect for the amount of work required for setup and might even give some thought to how to facilitate it next time. Having things go smoothly is in his best interest as well as yours.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »

Ran sound twice this weekend and managed to control FOH and monitors from my iPad and get a 16 channel track recording done on friday night. I cannot believe how seamlessly it all went.  I have played back the recording and I am absolutely amazed at its quality. I spent yesterday afternoon going through each track on the QU16 and perfecting the PEQ, FX, Comp etc. I am downloading the files right now as I type and will do some subtle editing but for the most part it is good to go. I didn't let the band know and I will give it to them when finished as a surprise. They had mentioned they were in desperate need of some recordings for their website so I am excited to help them.....

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me get this far....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:06:37 PM by Debbie Dunkley »

Kev Jones

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 08:18:38 AM »

Sounds good, Debbie.  Glad it's all working out so well for you.  I may be asking for recording tips - when I get a bit deeper into my QU-16!!

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »

Sounds good, Debbie.  Glad it's all working out so well for you.  I may be asking for recording tips - when I get a bit deeper into my QU-16!!

It's so easy Kev - really. Recording is a couple of buttons and same for playback - once I set the source on all channels to QU16 from local - (thanks to Corey). I LOVE this thing - (have I mentioned that once or twice before?)

BTW..... Got a refund from GC for the difference in what I paid to the new $1999 price tag......

Kev Jones

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 05:11:16 AM »

Good news regarding your refund.  Here in the UK, the price hasn't reduced.

Debbie, when you do multi-track recording of a live show are you capturing the dry signals or are you recording the tracks with the QU-16 fx that you're using at the gig?

Walter W Wright

• Pro Guitar Repair Guy, Semi-pro Soundguy
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 01:43:51 AM »

good story, and glad you pulled it off! i was kinda in the same boat, learning to use a new mackie DL1608 on the job after being an old-school mixwiz guy forever, and doing it with zero soundcheck time while playing in the band to boot!

(now i never want to go back, and the mackie isn't even at the level of your QU16!)

all i can add is that as far as i'm concerned, when you guys rolled up and the space wasn't cleared when they said it would be, all the pressure on you was off. you would of course all do your best to set up and start in a timely fashion, but ultimately at that point you start when you start and they get what they get. >:(

Did my first gig with the QU16 at a local bar/restaurant. The start of the evening was disastrous.
Got there at 8.45. Had been told by the venue we couldn't get in any earlier than 9.00 due to the stage area being full of tables with customers eating dinner till then. Start time was 10.30pm -   :-\
When we arrived, we went in and took one look at the stage area and realized that those diners were not going anywhere soon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:47:03 AM by Walter W Wright »
Guitar Repair Gnome
Alpha Music, Va Beach

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 10:03:30 AM »

Good news regarding your refund.  Here in the UK, the price hasn't reduced.

Debbie, when you do multi-track recording of a live show are you capturing the dry signals or are you recording the tracks with the QU-16 fx that you're using at the gig?

Hey Kev...sorry , didn't see this comment till now.
When I recorded it was dry. I downloaded into garageband believe it or not - no extra software necessary - and was able to add each effect and PEQ to each channel in GB.
I'd rather have things that way so I can start from scratch in a recording setting. Live requires different dynamics anyway.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 10:03:30 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.