ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New DBX Driverack PA2  (Read 15810 times)

Dustin Campbell

New DBX Driverack PA2
« on: November 27, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article//dbx_unveils_new_driverack_pa2_loudspeaker_management_system/

This looks interesting - anybody have any thoughts? also do you think it will be better than the 260?
Banning CA,

BobWitte

• Soundman, Consultant, Love all things audio
    • Cascading Waters Audio
Re: New DBX Driverack PA2
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article//dbx_unveils_new_driverack_pa2_loudspeaker_management_system/

This looks interesting - anybody have any thoughts? also do you think it will be better than the 260?

I think it is mainly the PA with easier setup via an iPad.....(at least that is what a quick perusal of it looked like)

I dug a bit but it was hard to find specifics on delay times it can handle. That has been one of the biggest issues we have had with the PA vs. 260 decision.

Maybe they have more info on line now?

Bob

Dustin Campbell

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 12:20:41 PM »

That's kind of what I thought- the Ipad functionality sounds good but I think the routing capabilities of the 260 are probably still better- I wish they were introducing a 260a with ipad remote.  I'm currently using the beringer dcx2496- and want the 260 for my Jbl Srx set up.
Banning CA,

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »

That's kind of what I thought- the Ipad functionality sounds good but I think the routing capabilities of the 260 are probably still better- I wish they were introducing a 260a with ipad remote.  I'm currently using the beringer dcx2496- and want the 260 for my Jbl Srx set up.
I'll withhold final judgment until the full specs for the PA2 are out, but assuming it is what I think it is, there won't be the level of flexibility that the 260 and greater have.  This is one of the more puzzling omissions - the 260 is I think 13 years old now, and not particularly competitive.  Not sure why been this long with still no announced replacement.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »

Yeah, I'd like to see an AES input on the 260.

Aaron Weidner

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 03:46:46 AM »

Anybody have anything new to say about this piece of gear? Im wondering if it would be a worthy upgrade from the PA+. Anybody with real world usage of both for comparison?

Greg Stager

• SR Forums
    • Knight Sound
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 06:13:33 AM »

I received several of these recently.
It looks really good so far.
The iPad is pretty good.

Tom Burgess

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »

Although I haven't the opportunity to take mine out of the box yet, the interface looks awesome.  I'm also looking forward to no more pink noise.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:12:09 PM by Tom Burgess »
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 04:19:55 PM »

Although I haven't the opportunity to take mine out if the box yet, the interface looks awesome.  I'm also looking forward to no more pink noise.

Tom, is that because you want OSU orange noise?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tom Burgess

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »

Tom, is that because you want OSU orange noise?
Now that was just totally uncalled for.

:)

I suppose Crimson & Cream noise was too big of a request.
If the band sounds great, it's because the band IS great, if the band sound like crap, it's the soundman's fault.

Opinions expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily those of the company for which I work.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 04:48:13 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 25 queries.