ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some questions about SRX 718 Subs  (Read 4983 times)

AJ (Anthony) Carbonari

Some questions about SRX 718 Subs
« on: November 19, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »

-I APOLOGIZE IF THIS IS A DOUBLE POST, THE WEBSITE WAS GIVING ME SOME ISSUES-

Hey all, this is my first post as i am new to the forum, but ive been doing live sound for a few years and im a musician of 15 years (drums). I know theres alot of guys here who rock the SRX speaker line, so this question should be answered pretty easily.

SO, i have 2 718 subs and 2 715 tops, as well as 4 712m monitors and i power them with xti amps all around. I use an xti 6000 for my subs and xti 4000's for my tops and monitors. (1 amp for the tops and 2 for the 4 monitors)

Now that you know what the system is looking like, i wanted to know if it would be dangerous to run my subs each with its own xti4000 amp in bridged mono?? basically i would have to get another amp so i can run my tops with the 6000 and the subs as i mentioned earlier. But im not made of money and im scared that im going to blow my speakers to hell :(  . I dont have to tell you all that it cost a small fortune to build this rig! Thanks everyone for any help, im sure this seems like a newbie question but i really just wanted a pros opinion on the matter.

Oh and in case anyone was interested in the rest of the rig, im using a Presonus Studiolive 32AI, if you do not have this board you are CRAZY and u must go out now and get it!!!!  :)

AJ (Anthony) Carbonari

Re: Some questions about SRX 718 Subs
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »

Anyone?

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:34:22 PM »

Anyone?

What are you hoping to accomplish with this change?
This space for rent

Scott Carneval

• Precision Audio
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 05:23:55 PM »

-I APOLOGIZE IF THIS IS A DOUBLE POST, THE WEBSITE WAS GIVING ME SOME ISSUES-

Hey all, this is my first post as i am new to the forum, but ive been doing live sound for a few years and im a musician of 15 years (drums). I know theres alot of guys here who rock the SRX speaker line, so this question should be answered pretty easily.

SO, i have 2 718 subs and 2 715 tops, as well as 4 712m monitors and i power them with xti amps all around. I use an xti 6000 for my subs and xti 4000's for my tops and monitors. (1 amp for the tops and 2 for the 4 monitors)

Now that you know what the system is looking like, i wanted to know if it would be dangerous to run my subs each with its own xti4000 amp in bridged mono?? basically i would have to get another amp so i can run my tops with the 6000 and the subs as i mentioned earlier. But im not made of money and im scared that im going to blow my speakers to hell :(  . I dont have to tell you all that it cost a small fortune to build this rig! Thanks everyone for any help, im sure this seems like a newbie question but i really just wanted a pros opinion on the matter.

Oh and in case anyone was interested in the rest of the rig, im using a Presonus Studiolive 32AI, if you do not have this board you are CRAZY and u must go out now and get it!!!!  :)

According to Crown's specs, the XTI6000 does 1200 watts rms at 8ohms stereo, and the XTI4000 does 2400 wrms in bridge mode.  That would be essentially doubling the power give or take, so you could expect a 3db increase in output.  It won't be drastic, but it will be a noticeable increase.  As far as blowing it up, that's going to depend on what type of music you're running through them. Heavily compressed, pre-recorded music, especially hip-hop and EDM, are going to have a higher RMS signal level than say live rock, or live music of any type for that matter.  If you're running a DJ through the system, I'd say the reward doesn't justify the risk. If it's live music, then you'll probably be just fine. 

AJ (Anthony) Carbonari

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:17:51 PM »

According to Crown's specs, the XTI6000 does 1200 watts rms at 8ohms stereo, and the XTI4000 does 2400 wrms in bridge mode.  That would be essentially doubling the power give or take, so you could expect a 3db increase in output.  It won't be drastic, but it will be a noticeable increase.  As far as blowing it up, that's going to depend on what type of music you're running through them. Heavily compressed, pre-recorded music, especially hip-hop and EDM, are going to have a higher RMS signal level than say live rock, or live music of any type for that matter.  If you're running a DJ through the system, I'd say the reward doesn't justify the risk. If it's live music, then you'll probably be just fine.

I really dont do anything other than live rock bands, dj and house music i dont get called on too often for. 3db is a noticeable difference, but doesnt seem to be worth the big monetary commitment. My goal is basically to make the system louder, but it seems like in order for me to do that i just need to add more speakers and amps which ill probably never do because i just dont have another 15 grand to do that. :(

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:17:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.