ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wired IEM + amp for keys, bass and drums?  (Read 2751 times)

Richard Penrose

Wired IEM + amp for keys, bass and drums?
« on: November 15, 2013, 07:03:38 PM »

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a pair of in ear monitors to put keyboards, bass and drums through mainly. I would also like to put vocals and sometimes guitar and sax.

I have tried the LD Systems MEI 100 wireless system and thought they sounded awful for this application. The distorted really easily and sounded extremely bass light and boxy.

I don't need wireless in ears because I normally have our desk sat next to me so just a good quality single channel headphone amp + ear buds.

What would you recommend say under £200 for all in?

George Dougherty

Re: Wired IEM + amp for keys, bass and drums?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a pair of in ear monitors to put keyboards, bass and drums through mainly. I would also like to put vocals and sometimes guitar and sax.

I have tried the LD Systems MEI 100 wireless system and thought they sounded awful for this application. The distorted really easily and sounded extremely bass light and boxy.

For hardwired, I love the various rolls headphone box options. 

Pete Erskine

• Best Audio
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »

Hi guys,

I don't need wireless in ears because I normally have our desk sat next to me so just a good quality single channel headphone amp + ear buds.

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/personal-monitor-systems/wired-personal-monitor-systems/p4hw-wired-bodypack-personal-monitor
Pete Erskine
917-750-1134
www.bestaudio.com
[email protected]

Alan Bonk

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Fischer-Amps-00100-Hard-Wired-Headphone/dp/B00CGUNIJW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_5

I've been using this and really like it.  Simple design -essentially 2 standard xlr inputs, pan knob, and volume knob.   I looked into the shure p4hw but this had a metal casing and full size xlr's vs the shure's plastic casing and special connector requiring an adapter cable.  The shure seems to be a great unit as well and many people have great success with them, so you can't go wrong there.  I use their earbuds (se215) and their support is great. 

Paul Dershem

• San Diego, CA
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 12:47:18 AM »

How do you all feel about the importance of limiting when using IEMs?
Live without pretending
Love without depending
Listen without defending
Speak without offending.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 07:40:34 AM »

Hi guys,

Can't you use the headphone output from the desk that is next to you?
You can cue the mix you would be sending to the IEM pack.
I have also seen a number of bands using this little Behringer mixer for IEM drive. Less that $100 USD
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UB502.aspx
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 07:40:34 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.