ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats up with my line 6 wireless?  (Read 5974 times)

Conrad Muzoora

• Mbarara, Uganda. www.koolinvestments.co.ug
    • Kool Events Uganda
Re: Whats up with my line 6 wireless?
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »

If it was the Digital TV station it should have been present when setting up and starting.  You were being jammed and the squelch on the receiver was allowing the FM hiss in.  If your system does not have the squelch control then there is little you can do to prevent the hiss. 

Check the Frequencies that the devices are running.  500 mhz and 600 mhz. 
if the two are in different bands than that will tell you part of the problem. 

Find out what channel the Digital TV stations are broadcasting and see what bands of uhf that interferes with  500 or 600.

Nice thought Jerome,

At sound check- 10 am the line 6 actually outperformed the shure pgx in range. At exactly 6pm, the line 6 started hissing.Thought that the transmitter had been dropped and broken, only to be surprised that it worked fine at my garage the next day!
Conrad

Barnett Suratt

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 01:05:56 AM »

Hi Don,
Thanks for coming to my rescue. I was using only 1 line 6 v30 device at the time with one shure pgx transmitter that was switched off at the time. what do you mean by terminators? I Have also used 2 v70 systems that have kind of malfunctioned in terms of reduced range, but not the hissing noise as the v30 unit did. How do i update to the newest software? I really need then line 6 to work!!!!Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllp.
Please help.
Conrad.
www.kooleventug.com

The 2.4GHz bnd also has computer modems, cordless phones, and many other wireless devices sharing that band.    You likely were getting interference from some other device in the building or nearby. (Did you have a laptop with wireless modem?)  Changing channels may or may not correct this.   Putting receiver very close to mics may help.    Bad choice of frequency band for pro wireless mic.

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »

Hi Conrad
If you have an android device that support dual radios (latest nexus 7 tablet is an example) you can install an inexpensive app to show the presence of 2.4 and 5gHz at the venue. Without the ability to see what else is operating at the time the interference occurs the ability to troubleshoot will be limited. As it worked fine prior to 6pm it would indicate that something was turned on at that time or that there were too many 2.4 devices present in the frequency band. Can the line6 devices operate at 5 gHz? That would be less crowded (for now) but a wi- fi scanner or app will show you what is really going on.

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »

Hi Conrad
If you have an android device that support dual radios (latest nexus 7 tablet is an example) you can install an inexpensive app to show the presence of 2.4 and 5gHz at the venue. Without the ability to see what else is operating at the time the interference occurs the ability to troubleshoot will be limited. As it worked fine prior to 6pm it would indicate that something was turned on at that time or that there were too many 2.4 devices present in the frequency band. Can the line6 devices operate at 5 gHz? That would be less crowded (for now) but a wi- fi scanner or app will show you what is really going on.
Check out this application for detecting WiFi networks and signal strength
http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
I don't care enough to be apathetic

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.