ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft price drop  (Read 15302 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Soundcraft price drop
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:28:09 PM »

From the looks of Sweetwaters pricing it would appear Soundcraft has thrown down the gauntlet in time for xmas. Check the price of the Expression 1 @ just under 2K.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SiEXP32

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Maidson Pierre-Louis

• www.maidiaproductions.com
Re: Soundcraft price drop
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:57:43 AM »

From the looks of Sweetwaters pricing it would appear Soundcraft has thrown down the gauntlet in time for xmas. Check the price of the Expression 1 @ just under 2K.

Interesting !

Should i wait or it is time to buy one.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 12:19:30 PM »

I think it is being driven by the success of the x32 console. There have been a lot that I've talked with that have went to the x32. I currently use Soundcraft and very happy with it but x32 is getting more love in this area.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »

Price drops are Soundcraft's MO these days :) They obviously are not keeping much leash on their dealers either, considering the prices we've seen.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 03:23:16 PM »

That's a nice looking little mixer. Presonus must be shitting bricks right about now.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »

Especially if their stuff is expensive to make!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »

That's a nice looking little mixer. Presonus must be shitting bricks right about now.

JC...

I think not any more than any other people in the game.  The StudioLive units are a different animal and those buying it are doing so because the feature set suits their needs more than another unit with more "bells and whistles". 

Presonus has some features unique to their consoles, so you might as well make it a two way street and say, "Gee.  Soundcraft et al must be crapping masonry because....".

I have analog consoles (Midas/A&H), a Presonus and a Qu-16.  They'll all see use depending
on the need.  If I had to pick just one console for my use it'd be a GLD or a Soundcraft, but I'm too old and lazy to lug all that gear around.

I'd rather sit at home and snipe at other, younger sound folk on the computer...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »

I agree Dick, every piece has a part. Like the QU-16, the Soundcraft boards are a very different animal than the SL line of boards. Soundcraft has never published or claimed their desks were an answer for recording, and those features exist only if an option card is used. So being what it is there seems to be a large number of people who have made this their number one reason for owning the SL boards. To me it's a non feature. I have a recording system running Cubase, and that's more than I need for demos and one time recordings.

My ultimate goal was not recording, and I don't think yours is either, hence our choices in the boards we own. I do wish you had bought the Expression though, because then we could be the ultimate board buddies. Regardless, Harmon has pockets as deep as anyone and it looks like they're on a roll. For that I thank Behringer.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 05:43:30 PM »

I agree totally with the last two posts.  I have to say, the Soundcraft Expression 1 is one hell of a deal compared to anything out there!

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »

I think it is being driven by the success of the x32 console. There have been a lot that I've talked with that have went to the x32. I currently use Soundcraft and very happy with it but x32 is getting more love in this area.

I wouldn't exactly call dragging down the price with a low cost mixer a success story to be proud of. That's about the only thing it has going for it. IMO. The price drops from Soundcraft are largely due to the other guys bringing the market down to the gutter and the uninformed jumping on price only.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:23:33 PM by Jamin Lynch »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.