ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer DDX3216 digital mixer?  (Read 21016 times)

John Chiara

Re: Behringer DDX3216 digital mixer?
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 11:35:41 AM »

I wasn't looking to switch out my Soundcraft digital, I just was looking at the Behringer as a possible spare to carry with me when doing live gigs. My Soundcraft is in my studio and doesn't travel.

If Behringer ever releases the 16 channel IX iPad board I would check that out. Probably only going to be $1K.

Nicolas Poisson

• Paris, France
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 03:20:18 AM »

If Behringer ever releases the 16 channel IX iPad board I would check that out. Probably only going to be $1K.

If a budget of $1k is OK, the Presonus 16.0.4 is already at this price (new, with waranty). It only has 12 mic inputs, but has real faders and buttons. It does not need an additionnal iPad to work.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 07:40:59 AM »

That and it wasn't UL listed.

I had one and it worked well and was very versatile. I replaced it with a 01v96.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rob,
I've never spoken to anyone who didn't have an issue with these boards. I'm glad you and others have done well. Wouldn't you think the OP could find an older 01V for $400, especially with the influx of new digital boards available?
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 08:48:32 AM »

If a budget of $1k is OK, the Presonus 16.0.4 is already at this price (new, with waranty). It only has 12 mic inputs, but has real faders and buttons. It does not need an additionnal iPad to work.
or a large supply of used 01v96's.

John Chiara

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 09:06:04 AM »

For my needs...and a lot of people...a big part of why you buy a board like this is because you WANT to use an iPad a lot of the time. Plus the effects limitations of the Presonus is a no go for me.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »

Do I hear taps in the background??
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Nicolas Poisson

• Paris, France
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 03:57:21 AM »

For my needs...and a lot of people...a big part of why you buy a board like this is because you WANT to use an iPad a lot of the time. Plus the effects limitations of the Presonus is a no go for me.

I do not see the point of such a remark at all.

We are talking initially about a $400 mixer. What's great is that for $400 you can get an iPad. What is less great is that for $400 you get only the iPad. If the need of the OP is to spend $400, an iPad is a good clue. If his need is to mix sound for $400, talking about the iPad is off the target.

We are several to claim that there is little chance to find a long lasting solution at such a low price. We claimed there are better opportunities at $1k (new Presonus 1604 or used 01V96), which is already 2.5 times the initial price! I would find useless to suggest even more expensive solutions.

Of course, at $1k, there are trade-offs that have to made. If you can raise the budget to $2.5k, you can get the ipad feature and more FX. Again, if you can raise to $10k, you will get more inputs, better sound quality, better ease of use. If you can reach $50k you will even get more.

I spent euros 50k in sound and lighting equipment. I managed to work without iPad up to now. Sorry, but I think the iPad is very, very deep in the "necessary tools" list. I just bought a Dymo label writer, more useful to me. But I might be the only soundman from outer space that does not need the iPad.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:00:15 AM by Nicolas Poisson »

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 10:45:33 AM »

I spent euros 50k in sound and lighting equipment. I managed to work without iPad up to now. Sorry, but I think the iPad is very, very deep in the "necessary tools" list. I just bought a Dymo label writer, more useful to me. But I might be the only soundman from outer space that does not need the iPad.
I hear you about this, I agreed for a long time... however, after years of side stage set ups without an iPad, I have to say that I now really enjoy being able to go out front and make changes while I am listening without running back and forth at an event.  Once I had that ability, it was hard to look back.
Required?  No. Enjoyable?  Very much so.  And, no substitute for a good label maker...  ;)
Cheers,
Nils

John Chiara

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 11:00:44 AM »

I do not see the point of such a remark at all.

We are talking initially about a $400 mixer. What's great is that for $400 you can get an iPad. What is less great is that for $400 you get only the iPad. If the need of the OP is to spend $400, an iPad is a good clue. If his need is to mix sound for $400, talking about the iPad is off the target.

We are several to claim that there is little chance to find a long lasting solution at such a low price. We claimed there are better opportunities at $1k (new Presonus 1604 or used 01V96), which is already 2.5 times the initial price! I would find useless to suggest even more expensive solutions.

Of course, at $1k, there are trade-offs that have to made. If you can raise the budget to $2.5k, you can get the ipad feature and more FX. Again, if you can raise to $10k, you will get more inputs, better sound quality, better ease of use. If you can reach $50k you will even get more.

I think that advising a way to have a digital board with effects, etc.. For $400 is a flawed premise to start. In 2013 it makes no sense IMO to buy 10-15 year old digital systems when new ones are so affordable. For $400 I would buy a used Mackie Onyx or something similar. And just an observation, anyone I know who provides any level of sound reinforcement in my area already owns an iPad. Also in my area, what we need less of are people providing live reinforcement with $2000 worth of gear.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »

I think that advising a way to have a digital board with effects, etc.. For $400 is a flawed premise to start. In 2013 it makes no sense IMO to buy 10-15 year old digital systems when new ones are so affordable. For $400 I would buy a used Mackie Onyx or something similar. And just an observation, anyone I know who provides any level of sound reinforcement in my area already owns an iPad. Also in my area, what we need less of are people providing live reinforcement with $2000 worth of gear.
Bought a used Mackie Onyx a little over a year for $500 and have no regrets. There aren't really any digital options at that price range and the Onyx is a great board(though there are several other similar boards in that price range that are great too). Not that I wouldn't love to have an x32 or similar digital board but one isn't financially feasible for our band right now and the Onyx meets our needs fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.