ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer DDX3216 digital mixer?  (Read 21029 times)

Mark Gensman

Re: Behringer DDX3216 digital mixer?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 01:45:27 AM »

My question was simply to see if anyone was familiar with that particular digital mixer. I really don't need a digital mixer or an ipad for my live sound needs. I already own two Mixwizards, a Mackie 1604 VLZ and my Soundcraft digital.

And there are some older digital mixers that work very well such as the Soundcraft 328. Great studio board. Still selling for over $600. The Yamaha O1V gets a lot of good reviews, but I have never liked them.

I was just interested since I had never seen that particular Behringer mixer before. I appreciate the comments. I have no need to spend money on a new digital mixer. Won't make me any more money.

Palmer Johnston

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 06:39:19 PM »

I just came across a Behringer DDX3216 digital mixer on my local Craigslist for $400.

I have never heard of that board. Anyone familiar with it? It appears to be at least several years old.

Worth buying?

I worked for a company in the early to mid '00s who had a couple of these.  I used one for several years on one of their gigs where I mixed a 10 piece band on it, fully maxed out with a pair of Behringer ADA8000s and one of the first Aviom systems.  During that time I easily did 100+ other shows on it too.  I do remember one going back for repair, but overall my experience was pretty positive.  It sounded better to my ears than the analog behingers of the time.  The UI & form factor were similar enough to the 01V that it was easy to get going on...  Most impressive to me was that I could comfortably handle a 10 piece band with one rolling rack + console on top...that was really cool back then.  The thing really was a pretty blatant o1v ripoff though, and certainly contributed to Behringers' reputation as intellectual property thieves ...

Oh & whatever you do, don't push the pres too hard.  They really get harsh and distorted sounding when saturated.

I was also told they were discontinued b/c they didn't/couldn't/wouldn't get the UL listing, so maybe there is something to that.

I even found a pic, although I like to think I usually come off slightly less dense than I look here:

Mark Gensman

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 01:43:29 AM »

I took John's advice and bought a pristine condition Mackie 1604 VLZ for $300. Makes a great spare.

Stein_Krabol

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 03:40:03 PM »

I have 3 of these mikser. They works fine  - and this is des 2015! I have ADAT card in allov them and a lot ov ADA8000 to extend the amount of channals. Usuallly just ons is sufficient (12 + 8 = 20) for normal bands. But I allwas brings 2 ADA8000 just in case...
Theres is only 4 aux (monitor) out without eq, so you need 4 eq-s external. You cat reprogram it to have eq og aux-es but that steals 8 channals of the so you loose 8 ADAT inputs. Great mixers. One fine feature is that beside each channal is a led indicator as long as the fader that let you see the input signal without useing pfl. Great feature!
There are posibilities for remote controll of monitor levels via midi (midi-pc-router-web) to controll monitor levels, but I have not had the time to program it. I will do this next year and get you link to the program. Stein

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber