ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analog Way Pulse to Blackmagic SDI input card  (Read 5356 times)

Trevor Ludwig

• Minneapolis, MN
Analog Way Pulse to Blackmagic SDI input card
« on: October 14, 2013, 11:36:17 AM »

I'm currently having an issue going from my Analog Way Pulse video scaler/switcher into a capture card on my mac-pro.  The input card on the mac pro is a blackmagic decklink mini recorder with an SDI/HDMI input.  My Analog Way Pulse has two outputs - VGA and DVI-I.  Currently my DVI-HDMI converter is not allowing anything to pass through.  I'm wondering what my other options are to capture my multi-input show to my computer and broadcast it live.  Any ideas?

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/447622.html - blackmagic input card

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/378393.html - analog way pulse
Trevor Ludwig

Gareth Marsh

Re: Analog Way Pulse to Blackmagic SDI input card
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:44:28 PM »

What resolution are you sending out of the Pulse? Are you aware that the Blackmagic cards only accept SD/HDTV resolutions? You will need to output either 720p or 1080i/p to get anything to show up on the capture card.

There should also be a config program on the mac (i think in system prefs?) where you select resolutions? All this has to match with both what the switcher is outputting and what the card can accept.

If all is ok there then it could just be that the DVI signal out of the Pulse is not an HDMI signal. Whilst they are both a TDMS signal, they aren't always interchangeable, depending on the devices in question.

HTH

Gareth

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 09:41:58 AM »

Make sure you're using a video resolution, not a graphics resolution.  You may also need to change the colorspace from RGH to YUV.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 08:00:44 AM »

Good responses regarding the resolution/scan rate and color space out of the switcher/scaler needing to be compatible and that is most likely the issue.  Check the specifications for both the DeckLink and the Pulse and try to find a resolution and refresh/scan rate that both devices support, then set them for the selected settings.

It should be noted that while DVI-I can provide a digital output video similar to HDMI and DVI-I/D-to-HDMI video conversion can often be handled via a simple adapter, as Gareth noted, I have run into some HDMI inputs on 'video' related products (recorders, HDMI-to-SD/HD-SDI converters, etc.) that seem to have issues with such adapters or to only work with some and not with others.

Trevor Ludwig

• Minneapolis, MN
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »

Fortunately, or unfortunately I traced my larger problem back to a faulty DVI > HDMI adapter...  I was just under the impression that there was not an output that I could get to work with the connections that I was working with.  After the install of the new adapter and a quick reboot of the computer I was in business and the capture card and computer auto detected the input.

I did have to change the analog output from YUV to RGH to get my secondary output working on an LCD projector.

Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate the time you put into it.
Trevor Ludwig

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »

David,

I hope this doesn't seem rude, but the translation program you are utilizing isn't doing a good job of getting your point(s) across…and you seem to have some good info by some of the terms you are using.

Do you know of someone who could more-effectively translate from your native language into American English?  I would love to make sense of your post and feel it would benefit the thread.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.