ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mic stands used for system measurements  (Read 17547 times)

Johnny Diaz

Re: Mic stands used for system measurements
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 11:03:06 PM »

Arthur,

When you are tightening the mic stand with the adapter to the nano stand at any point does it get tight enough that you can't turn it anymore?

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 11:53:08 PM »

Arthur,

When you are tightening the mic stand with the adapter to the nano stand at any point does it get tight enough that you can't turn it anymore?
Yes, that's what it should do.  OK, to test things out thoroughly....

I have a 3/8-16 screw and matching nut in my collection.  I took the nut, and screwed it onto the 3/8-16 stud on the Nano stand...works perfectly, nice and snug.  I took the screw, and tested it in each of 10 adapters I have here in my collection of varying types, the screw threaded into the socket of these adapters perfectly.  Just to be sure, I tested each of the 10 adapters on the nano stand, each and every one of them can be screwed on and was tight enough to have a firm "stop" on the stud of the stand.

I took my caliper, and measured the inside diameter of the adapters I have here, they all measured 5/16" diameter with threads (or 0.314" if you don't have fractional inches)
I took my caliper, and measured the outside diameter of the stud on the nano stand, it measures a bit shy under 3/8" diameter (with threads).

I suggest you go find yourself a 3/8-16 screw and nut, and test it out for yourself.

Arthur

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »

I have a 3/8-16 screw and matching nut in my collection.  I took the nut, and screwed it onto the 3/8-16 stud on the Nano stand...works perfectly, nice and snug.  I took the screw, and tested it in each of 10 adapters I have here in my collection of varying types, the screw threaded into the socket of these adapters perfectly.  Just to be sure, I tested each of the 10 adapters on the nano stand, each and every one of them can be screwed on and was tight enough to have a firm "stop" on the stud of the stand.

I took my caliper, and measured the inside diameter of the adapters I have here, they all measured 5/16" diameter with threads (or 0.314" if you don't have fractional inches)
I took my caliper, and measured the outside diameter of the stud on the nano stand, it measures a bit shy under 3/8" diameter (with threads).

I suggest you go find yourself a 3/8-16 screw and nut, and test it out for yourself.

Arthur

Arthur,

I will do that and report back.  Thanks.

Johnny

Johnny Diaz

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2013, 01:54:54 PM »

Arthur

Arthur,

I found a nut and screwed it to the base of the nano stand and it fits snug.  When I screw a bolt to the adapter it never tightens fully and keeps turning.  I ordered a few more adapters and hopefully will have better luck.  The adapters don't seems to be made well. 

Thank you for your efforts.

Johnny

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 02:56:59 PM »

Arthur,

I found a nut and screwed it to the base of the nano stand and it fits snug.  When I screw a bolt to the adapter it never tightens fully and keeps turning.  I ordered a few more adapters and hopefully will have better luck.  The adapters don't seems to be made well. 

Thank you for your efforts.

Johnny
Hi Johnny,
Yes, I suspected the adapters might have been poorly made.  There are several different branded ones to choose from at B&H, so pick another that hopefully will be better made, I must have bought the last "good" batch!!  Seems like adapters and mic clips are "hit and miss" lately in terms of quality.  I have one mic clip that doesn't even screw onto a mic stand because of a poorly tapped thready.  So do I buy a tap and re-thread it myself for $25, or do I buy a new clip?  Argh!
Cheers!
Arthur

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 02:56:59 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.