ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DI box ok for mic to instrument?  (Read 11031 times)

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
Re: DI box ok for mic to instrument?
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 10:38:29 AM »

Also available at your local radio shack. I still have 3-4 from when our rehearsal PA was an old Peavey PA-200 with only 1/4" inputs.

I'm old enough to remember when bar PAs frequently blew up and the band would have to finish the set singing through the backline.  It happened to me once in '76.  Out of habit I still carry a 35-year old Shure PE588 set to Hi-Z (bought new and in great shape) as well as one of the Radio Shack transformers for little gigs "just in case".
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

Brian Jones

• Modesto, CA
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 12:44:47 PM »

Just so I know, Is there a difference between these inline hi-z/low-z adapters vs. a DI box other than form factor and the added bells and whistles on the DI like ground lift and PAD?

Russ Davis

• South Central VA and Pittsburgh PA
Re: DI Box or Adapter
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 01:16:32 PM »

Just so I know, Is there a difference between these inline hi-z/low-z adapters vs. a DI box other than form factor and the added bells and whistles on the DI like ground lift and PAD?

The RS adapters are cheaper and smaller and do one thing, which is the one thing you're asking it to do.  If you didn't already own DIs, and if this were its only intended application, then I'd say just get the adapter.  A passive DI costs more, but can also function as... a passive DI.  Until I came here, I didn't know you could use them in reverse either.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:59:10 PM by Russ Davis »
"Garbage in, louder garbage out"

Brian Jones

• Modesto, CA
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »

The RS adapters are cheaper and smaller and do one thing, which the one thing you're asking it to do.  If you didn't already own DIs, and if this were its only intended application, then I'd say just get the adapter.  A passive DI costs more, but can also function as... a passive DI.  Until I came here, I didn't know you could use them in reverse.

Great! In that case I guess I'm set since I have 4 DI boxes, one of which is stereo, which is at least 1 more than I've had to use to date. Thanks again.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.