ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking at a possible powered system.  (Read 12083 times)

Cailen Waddell

Re: Looking at a possible powered system.
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 09:59:25 PM »

If you go to one trap a side with carefully chosen coverage angles, the Danley boxes are also an option and come in powered models.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 12:14:41 AM »

Pair of ZXA5-60 per side.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 12:03:14 PM »

Budget is about $1500 a box
Looking to cover up to 700ish people
Typical venues are clubs and warehouses, most common is 40'x100'

That's a lot of people in 40*100', <6 sqft per body.

FWIW, I've done metal in a 40*70 room for ~150 people and a pair of RCF TT22As were loud enough to make my ears ring sitting ~55 feet out from the speakers, while still running crystal clear.   The TT25As are spec'd 5db louder, so a pair might meet your needs if your budget were $3K/side, but perhaps barely with little headroom for metal.  For any more sane genre of music a pair of TT25As would probably be fine in that size room.
Mark McFarlane

SeanHalstead

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »

Pair of ZXA5-60 per side.

I own a few of the ZXA1's and I don't like them, so I will pass on those. thanks though.

SeanHalstead

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 04:17:17 PM »

That's a lot of people in 40*100', <6 sqft per body.

FWIW, I've done metal in a 40*70 room for ~150 people and a pair of RCF TT22As were loud enough to make my ears ring sitting ~55 feet out from the speakers, while still running crystal clear.   The TT25As are spec'd 5db louder, so a pair might meet your needs if your budget were $3K/side, but perhaps barely with little headroom for metal.  For any more sane genre of music a pair of TT25As would probably be fine in that size room.

Ive witnessed over 1000 people in that room.

I might be comfortable with a pair of the TT22a's a side but its out of my budget.

Thanks for the input

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 07:19:09 PM »

Ive witnessed over 1000 people in that room.

I might be comfortable with a pair of the TT22a's a side but its out of my budget.

Thanks for the input

What kind of music? What kind of subs are you going to use?
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

SeanHalstead

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »

What kind of music? What kind of subs are you going to use?

Music varies weekly. mostly hiphop and bassy EDM but we do get alot of bands as well.

For subs we have 8 Peavey VR218 and have been building up a stock of yorkville LS801p for smaller gigs.

Baines Kinnison

• Kinnison Audioworks
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 04:14:47 PM »

I understand this thread is a few years old but I'm curious (if still relevant) what units if any, you wound up going with? We've had great success with the dB Technologies F212 which sounds exactly like what you're looking for. And 2 per side doesn't spread your coverage too wide - nice for using one as an in fill as you mentioned. These things really throw too. Run about $1300 each and they aren't heavy. We case them in pairs together and the weight and size is very manageable. Would love to hear what you chose and how it's working out.

Baines
Austin, TX
Kinnison Audioworks | Concert Production Services

Baines Kinnison

• Kinnison Audioworks
Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 11:44:45 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Oops! No problem, will do.
Kinnison Audioworks | Concert Production Services

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 11:44:45 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.