ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 139989 times)

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2013, 03:07:50 PM »

** Edit: too much off topic.  Deleted.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:10:28 PM by Corey Scogin »

Don Robinson

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2013, 10:52:08 PM »

I set a soft key as a mute group with all the FX return channels. 1 button between songs mutes all FX.  I also set soft key to advance scene but wont be implemented until next firmware update.
Yep I did the same. Can't wait for next update as scene selection needs a fast "one button" option to be useful live. Sadly it's one softkey short of a picnic as it is. Need 1= scene back, 2= scene forward, 3= scene recall, 4= tap tempo, 5= FX mute group.
Another drag when stepping through scenes using the soft buttons is that at the bottom of the touch screen you only get the scene number (no name?!?) which is not very useful if you have a bunch of scenes with descriptive names.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:56:29 PM by Don Robinson »

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2013, 10:59:20 PM »

Im still on the fence about getting one of these. Dissapointed to see 6 of the outputs are stereo and not user defined, and the digital snake dosent increase the channel count. Why do I have to have three stereo outs, I would much prefer 10 mono outs and stereo link what I want or not. Five wedge mixes and a aux fed sub and I should still have 4 outs to do with what I please. please.

That's a reasonable request.  Sounds like you need a Soundcraft Si.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »

That's a reasonable request.  Sounds like you need a Soundcraft Si.

Exactly.  Don't complain about something that doesn't live up to your expectations.  Find more money, buy what you need and stop complaining.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Don Robinson

« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2013, 04:25:36 AM »

Anyone figured out how to clear stuff loaded into the custom layers on the Qu-Pad app yet? Probably glaringly obvious but I just can't see how to do it!
Thanks
Don

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2013, 05:15:37 AM »

Anyone figured out how to clear stuff loaded into the custom layers on the Qu-Pad app yet? Probably glaringly obvious but I just can't see how to do it!
Thanks
Don

Just drag those channels to the upper half of the screen and drop them over there. They will turn red and disappear.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:15:03 AM by George Wieggers »

Derek D Sanchez

• DDSProductions.
« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2013, 11:51:55 AM »

Can you use the stereo aux outs 5-10 as 3 mono outs for wedges? to have a total of 7 mono monitor outs. Say channel 1 is lead vocal and you assign out stereo 5and6 to it can you just use out 5 to feed the 5th monitor on stage will that work seeing how the vocal is in mono and goes to left and right anyways so either out should work unless you do panning with instruments. or is there a setting to just make those stereo outs a mono out to 7 total. Thanks Derek

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »

Can you use the stereo aux outs 5-10 as 3 mono outs for wedges? to have a total of 7 mono monitor outs. Say channel 1 is lead vocal and you assign out stereo 5and6 to it can you just use out 5 to feed the 5th monitor on stage will that work seeing how the vocal is in mono and goes to left and right anyways so either out should work unless you do panning with instruments. or is there a setting to just make those stereo outs a mono out to 7 total. Thanks Derek

Yes.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

gary makovsky

• Delmont (Pittsburgh) PA
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2013, 03:58:58 PM »

Yes.

I just did 10 monitor mixes with panning when a vocal group only wanted themselves in their monitors. You can get clever with the panning to get more mixes but be careful with the overlap on the pairs. 7 mono mixes are usually enough for anyone and it shouldn't matter wether you get the outs from the left or right. 

Don Robinson

« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »

fired up the Qu16 this morning to discover the mixer in a very unstable state. Audio from FX returns only and also saved scenes were either missing or changed. Had to do a reset of the mixer to get it back but recalled scenes were trashed. All I did was shut it down last night via the home screen shut down protocol then turn it on again this morning. Not very encouraging!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.