ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 139992 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »

Either a short heavy weighted stand with boom or a headset.  Get an IPad and you won't need talkback, cause you'll be standing right next to the musicians on stage when you would have been using talkback.

john
Happy Dog Audio

john
Happy Dog Audio

John...

That's all well and good, but there are other uses for the talkback which cannot be addressed with an iPad.  And when/if you need to speak to the talent during a set, walking out on stage with your iPad is not an option you want to take, especially if they're using IEM's.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Michael Kim

« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2014, 11:49:21 PM »

Free standing for now, but will be getting a case soon. Luckily, because of the slant of the mixer, I'm sure I'll be able to leave the gooseneck attached. If not, popping it in and out shouln't be a big deal. Just wanted to see what people were using. Is the first articulation point long enough to get around the curve of the mixer?

Any thoughts on your model vs. the slightly longer GN 50E? (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/204573-REG/AKG_2765_Z_00090_GN50E_22_4_Gooseneck.html)

-Michael

Michael...

Do you use your Qu free-standing or in a case?

I have used a gooseneck mic with a double-articulation ( AKG  gN50) and it's fine.  If you're using yours in a case, consider adding an XLR connector to the case in a spot which will work with the mic you want to use.

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2014, 04:09:28 PM »

Allen & Heath just released firmware 1.4!

Take a look at: http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/qu-16/

From their site:
V1.4 adds support of USB streaming to / from Windows computers and introduces several new features including User Permissions, per scene Recall Filters, and FX User Libraries.

John Cotter

• Happy Dog Audio
« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2014, 11:27:01 PM »

John...

That's all well and good, but there are other uses for the talkback which cannot be addressed with an iPad.  And when/if you need to speak to the talent during a set, walking out on stage with your iPad is not an option you want to take, especially if they're using IEM's.

Dick,
I wholeheartedly agree with the continuing need for a talkback.  My point is that with the ability to be on stage while configuring monitors during the sound check, using an IPad, the need for a talkback is greatly reduced.  I just leave mine laying  along side the mixer and rarely, if ever ,use it once the show starts.

John
John Cotter
Happy Dog Audio
Murphysboro, Illinois

David Simpson

« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2014, 11:33:48 PM »

I ordered my QU-16 today. I just wanted to say thank you all for this thread. Even though I was able to demo the board for a week, the comments herein were helpful in making my final decision. I am looking forward to getting the board!

~Dave

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2014, 11:33:47 PM »

It's a lot easier to lose excess gooseneck than it is to stretch one that's too short.

I've yet to find a baby condenser that worked well as close as one needs to use a talkback, even with a good windscreen and a lot of EQ to compensate for proximity effect.  I have a $5 garage sale 58 style mic that works better for the task.

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2014, 01:58:25 AM »

I'm trying to use USB B audio streaming with Windows. The goal is to play music with Spotify on my Windows laptop, and send it directly over USB to the Qu 16. Using the new drivers, and the new 1.40 firmware, I succeeded and managed to get a signal on input channels 1 and 2.

However, in my current setup, these channels are already used for other purposes (lead vocals).

Has anyone managed to reroute audio from the PC, from Spotify, to other input channels than 1 and 2?

Matthew Kennedy

• http://www.mmkennedy.net
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2014, 11:41:30 PM »

I'm trying to use USB B audio streaming with Windows. The goal is to play music with Spotify on my Windows laptop, and send it directly over USB to the Qu 16. Using the new drivers, and the new 1.40 firmware, I succeeded and managed to get a signal on input channels 1 and 2.

However, in my current setup, these channels are already used for other purposes (lead vocals).

Has anyone managed to reroute audio from the PC, from Spotify, to other input channels than 1 and 2?

I just read about this on the A&H Forum.  I haven't tried this in Windows yet for myself.
EDIT:  I should have read the manual.  Known Issue:
"Dynamic map of Windows WDM outputs is not supported. Windows stereo output is routed to CH1-2 on the mixer." 

Quote from: Nicola A&H

Hi,

to play back from the Mac to ST1 you need to route audio to Qu-16 streaming ch 17&18.
http://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/usb-streaming-usb-b
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:50:16 PM by Matthew Kennedy »

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2014, 07:17:35 AM »

This may be old news but new to me.
AH is releasing a digital head for the QU16 with 16 in and 8 out.
AB168
I don't care enough to be apathetic

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2014, 06:30:24 PM »

This may be old news but new to me.
AH is releasing a digital head for the QU16 with 16 in and 8 out.
AB168

Be REALLY interesting to see the price point on the AB168.
So to keep my imagination in check, any reason the price could be (Possibly? Hopefully?) lower than their other Dsnake offerings?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2014, 06:30:24 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.