ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 139986 times)

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2014, 02:18:33 PM »

I'm not really asking for whether I should sell the baby or not, nor am I asking whether A&H WILL produce off-line software and when.  I am asking whether it is a REASONABLE expectation that A&H would make such software for the QU16.  Could the absence of such software for the QU16 be a further product line distinction within A&H?

In the case of the GLD, the Editor was released with firmware V1.3, about a year and a half after the GLD-80 was released. First came the iPad app, then the GLD-112. So I'm not surprised that there's not an off-line editor yet for the Qu.

I'd expect to see a Qu editor eventually, but it could be a while yet--the GLD rep from A&H's Canadian distributor told me the GLD editor was in the works about a year before it was actually released. I'd recommend waiting until the editor is released and available for download before you buy a Qu if it's essential to your workflow.
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »

In the case of the GLD, the Editor was released with firmware V1.3, about a year and a half after the GLD-80 was released. First came the iPad app, then the GLD-112. So I'm not surprised that there's not an off-line editor yet for the Qu.

I'd expect to see a Qu editor eventually, but it could be a while yet--the GLD rep from A&H's Canadian distributor told me the GLD editor was in the works about a year before it was actually released. I'd recommend waiting until the editor is released and available for download before you buy a Qu if it's essential to your workflow.
That's particularly good information - past practices and such.  Right now, time is playing in my favor.  Wait and see.  Wait and see.
thanks
frank

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #172 on: January 26, 2014, 09:59:03 AM »

Hi guys,

For all you Android users out there: today I released version 0.0.2 of my Qu-16 remote control app for Android: QuMixDroid.

The User interface has changed a lot. Tablets and phones using Android version 4.0 or newer should also be able to run this app.

Check it out over here: http://qu-apps.wieggers.org/2014/01/qumixdroid-0-0-2-released/

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #173 on: January 26, 2014, 12:43:12 PM »

Hi guys,

For all you Android users out there: today I released version 0.0.2 of my Qu-16 remote control app for Android: QuMixDroid.

The User interface has changed a lot. Tablets and phones using Android version 4.0 or newer should also be able to run this app.

Check it out over here: http://qu-apps.wieggers.org/2014/01/qumixdroid-0-0-2-released/

Doggone it, George.  Now I'm going to have to buy a Tablet to try out your app!!!

Keep it up.  I'd be very happy to ditch the Apple stuff if there's an alternative.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2014, 01:59:41 PM »

Everything I've read about the QU16 has stated that it is not expandable beyond 16 channels.  Are we sure that the stage box offers expansion to 24?  Even if so, it's a mighty expensive 24ch rig at that point.  Wait for the QU24 that was just introduced (and has a few added features).

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2014, 02:10:52 PM »

Everything I've read about the QU16 has stated that it is not expandable beyond 16 channels.  Are we sure that the stage box offers expansion to 24?  Even if so, it's a mighty expensive 24ch rig at that point.  Wait for the QU24 that was just introduced (and has a few added features).

The Qu-16 has 22 input channels by itself, no stage box needed.
16 mono channels.
3 stereo channels.

When connecting an AR2412 stage box, the total number of inputs remains 22. So: 22 of the 24 inputs are used. Inputs 17-22 are used in pairs. Inputs 23 and 24 remain unused.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:15:01 PM by George Wieggers »

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #176 on: January 26, 2014, 02:31:45 PM »

Everything I've read about the QU16 has stated that it is not expandable beyond 16 channels.  Are we sure that the stage box offers expansion to 24? Even if so, it's a mighty expensive 24ch rig at that point.  Wait for the QU24 that was just introduced (and has a few added features).

We are sure that it doesn't. Wasn't the final nail put in that coffin with the introduction of the QU-24?

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
« Reply #177 on: January 26, 2014, 03:18:59 PM »

Hi guys,

This app looks really good george. Had a play offline with it on my samsung galaxy tab. Any plans to make one for the qu-24?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »

This app looks really good george. Had a play offline with it on my samsung galaxy tab. Any plans to make one for the qu-24?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

That is going to be a lot harder, since I don't own one. I would have to do it using the official midi specs only.
Supporting the Qu-24 specific features (subgroups / matrices) would be hard I guess...

So, no plans yet (and not that much spare time, unfortunately)

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2014, 04:24:37 PM »

Qu-Drive Multitrack Recording:
I recorded a show last night using the Qu-Drive Multitrack Direct to Drive. When I listened this morning I was surprised to hear all the dynamic processing had been recorded along with the tracks. Unfortunately, I was working with the Qu-Pad Remote App and couldn't cue up the drums in the headphones. As a result, the recorded, gated drum tracks are less than ideal.

I was poking around the menus and manual today looking for a way to record "Dry Tracks" on the USB Buss. Under Routing -> Channel Routing, there is a Listbox labeled "Global Direct Output Settings". You can select different points along the signal chain from the drop-down.

Will this change the source for the recording? If so, will it also change the source for the effect sends? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Marty America
Chaska, MN

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2014, 04:24:37 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.