ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 140665 times)

Don Robinson

Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #120 on: September 27, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »

Just drag those channels to the upper half of the screen and drop them over there. They will turn red and disappear.

Thanks George!!

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2013, 02:35:37 PM »

My other boards (which shall remain nameless) can send and receive individual channels via firewire to a computer. I can assign one to a channel in my DAW and use any plug-in available. It's like a digital insert for lack of a better term.

I know the QU-16 sends via USB during multi-track recording but does anyone know if I could do the same thing with the QU-16's USB Port? I can select USB as the input for any channel but does the mixer continually send all channels out?
Marty America
Chaska, MN

Don Robinson

« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2013, 09:45:35 AM »

My other boards (which shall remain nameless) can send and receive individual channels via firewire to a computer. I can assign one to a channel in my DAW and use any plug-in available. It's like a digital insert for lack of a better term.

I know the QU-16 sends via USB during multi-track recording but does anyone know if I could do the same thing with the QU-16's USB Port? I can select USB as the input for any channel but does the mixer continually send all channels out?

I've been able to do this in part where I take the signal from the input and process it on the mac then push it back into the QU-16 but not to the original fader of the input. It works perfectly well if you return it to any other input on the desk via the USB selector. Having said that, there may be a way to have this work as a genuine channel insert but I have not figured it out.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:47:38 AM by Don Robinson »

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2013, 08:31:46 AM »

A&H just released firmware v1.11, a maintenance release...

Release notes over here

- George
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:54:36 AM by George Wieggers »

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »

About the scene recall filter, I noticed some unexpected behaviour, non logical for me.

See at the bottom of page 4 of this document:

There are 2 global filters.
  • Custom layer assignments (I enabled this filter)
  • Softkey assignments
I expected that when I recall a scene, all settings are restored, except the channel assignments of the custom layer.

However, the behaviour is different: all scene settings are restored, except the channel settings of all channels which are present on the custom layer. I hope everyone understands this explanation and this difference...

So.... be aware of what to expect, when you enable this filter. I personally won't use it anymore as the current implementation doesn't suit my needs.

- George

Don Robinson

« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2013, 09:17:11 AM »

Allen & Heath has the QU-Pad App on the Apple Website. I can see it with my computer but I can't see it with my iPad (in the App Store).
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/qu-pad/id699450314
I got it but I had to navigate to this link with my iPad and click on the Free Button to install it.

You'll need the new firmware to use it. It is also available on the QU-16 Website
http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=Qu16&ProductId=Qu16

I installed the firmware update on the mixer and the QU-Pad app on my iPad. I plugged in my Apple Airport Express Router and it all seems to be working fine!

Hi Marty
Just wondering if you are using the qu-pad app over a network that does NOT have an internet connection. I've been trying to get this working with both the new and old airport express units as well as an airport extreme and they all work fine until i disconnect the network from the internet. Seems weird that it needs an internet connection to work!? I'm sure I'm doing something blindingly obviously wrong but I need to use the qu-16 and au-pad at gigs _without_ an internet connection!
Thanks
Don

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #126 on: October 04, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »

Hi Marty
Just wondering if you are using the qu-pad app over a network that does NOT have an internet connection. I've been trying to get this working with both the new and old airport express units as well as an airport extreme and they all work fine until i disconnect the network from the internet. Seems weird that it needs an internet connection to work!? I'm sure I'm doing something blindingly obviously wrong but I need to use the qu-16 and au-pad at gigs _without_ an internet connection!
Thanks
Don
I Don't have my router attached to the internet. I do mostly outdoor festivals. No internet out there.

Run the Airport Utility
Click on your Router and Select Edit
Click near the top and select Network
Under Router Mode Select DHCP and NAT
Near the bottom Click the Network Options Button
Check the "Enable Nat Port Mapping Protocol" Checkbox
Click Save to exit that dialog and then Click Update to send the new configuration to the Airport Express
Marty America
Chaska, MN

Don Robinson

« Reply #127 on: October 04, 2013, 11:48:49 PM »

I Don't have my router attached to the internet. I do mostly outdoor festivals. No internet out there.

Run the Airport Utility
Click on your Router and Select Edit
Click near the top and select Network
Under Router Mode Select DHCP and NAT
Near the bottom Click the Network Options Button
Check the "Enable Nat Port Mapping Protocol" Checkbox
Click Save to exit that dialog and then Click Update to send the new configuration to the Airport Express
That did the trick! thanks Marty!
Don

Marty America

• Roadie Software, LLC
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »

"Cross-Fading" Between scenes.
We do a lot of festivals where we have ten minutes to strike/set the stage, get the band out there and set the monitor mix. During the setup, an emcee is yammering on through the mains.

While we're doing this, the channel faders must be all the way down and not muted while the emcee's channel is up. When the band is ready to go, the faders have to all be brought up at once then the emcee can be muted.

Ideally, there would be a way to set the master fader all the way off and get channel faders in the ball-park. Then, when the band starts, bring the master fader up. Of course we can't do that because the emcee mic is in the mains.

What would really be ideal would be to have a way to cross-fade between the emcee and the band.

We're using a QU-16 so there are no subgroups or VCA's. Anyone found a creative way to deal with this problem?
Marty America
Chaska, MN

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »

"Cross-Fading" Between scenes.
We do a lot of festivals where we have ten minutes to strike/set the stage, get the band out there and set the monitor mix. During the setup, an emcee is yammering on through the mains.

While we're doing this, the channel faders must be all the way down and not muted while the emcee's channel is up. When the band is ready to go, the faders have to all be brought up at once then the emcee can be muted.

Ideally, there would be a way to set the master fader all the way off and get channel faders in the ball-park. Then, when the band starts, bring the master fader up. Of course we can't do that because the emcee mic is in the mains.

What would really be ideal would be to have a way to cross-fade between the emcee and the band.

We're using a QU-16 so there are no subgroups or VCA's. Anyone found a creative way to deal with this problem?

Does it have mute groups?

On my LS9 I have a mute group for the band inputs. The MC mic is not in the group. When the band stood, one push and the band inputs are muted. I can unmute the MC manually.

Of course, on a 16 ch board, what is the big deal with unmuting the MC and then just muting the other 15 ch? Only takes a few seconds. That way you don't have to touch any of the faders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.