ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 users  (Read 139980 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Qu-16 users
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »

No, because I don't know the exact midi (over ethernet) commands to accomplish this (yet). A&H has to release the official TCP/IP specs for the Qu-16. As soon as these are available, then I can begin to try it.

- George

Do not reply to posts by users who violate the "Real Name Required" forum rule.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2013, 01:42:53 PM »

Hi George ,
Just wondering if you have been successful in doing scene changes via midi? i very much need to change scenes via midi foot pedal and/or via mainstage. Also FX muting is badly needed. I have the new Qu-Pad app but sadly scene changes and easy FX muting are not possible with it. Seems to be a major oversight!!
thanks
Don

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.

George -

Please DO NO reply to posts in violation of the name policy.  Thanks....
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Don Robinson

« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2013, 06:36:13 PM »

Read the rules, fix your display name.

Thank you for your cooperation.

George -

Please DO NO reply to posts in violation of the name policy.  Thanks....
Sorry for this oversight. hopefully it is fixed now.
Best
Don

George Wieggers

• Classic LAB
    • Feestband Fris
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2013, 02:55:34 AM »

About the FX.... I'm trying to figure out what the ideal workflow would be in my situation.

Since I mix from stage, I'd like to be able to quickly adjust the FX while playing.

So I was thinking about the following strategy.
  • use all 4 effects in mix -> return mode
  • mono mix 1 -> input for FX 3 (visually beneath FX 2 on the console)
  • mono mix 2 -> input for FX 4
  • FX 1 = reverb
  • FX 2 = tap delay, assign a dedicated softkey
  • FX 3 & 4 depending on song / scene
The reason I went for mix -> return mode, is that I don't need mono mixes 1 and 2, so why not use them for the FX....
And this way I can easily check the FX inputs by switching to the right mix and view the fader levels.

In my opinion, the "insert mode" is quite cumbersome to set up. Not only do you have to assign the right input channel to the effect, but you also have to go to the processing screen for that input channel and activate the insert over there...... a lot of screen switching..

And I think that I can emulate an "insert" effect the following way: if I need a complete "wet" effect signal, without the "dry" input signal, it would be possible to assign the input channel in "Pre fader" mode in the FX input mix and mute that channel on the main L/R mix.

I'm curious: what do you think about this workflow? And how do you manage your FX while mixing?

- George
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:50:42 AM by George Wieggers »

Kev Jones

« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2013, 03:19:55 PM »

Don Robinson

« Reply #105 on: September 25, 2013, 05:47:50 AM »

New A&H video about Qu Pad now on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95RIdRPi9hE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFcss4ld83THeNJd1AG1mhg

Seriously bummed this does not have scene selection or quick muting of FX. But not bad otherwise.

gary makovsky

• Delmont (Pittsburgh) PA
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »

Seriously bummed this does not have scene selection or quick muting of FX. But not bad otherwise.

I set a soft key as a mute group with all the FX return channels. 1 button between songs mutes all FX.  I also set soft key to advance scene but wont be implemented until next firmware update.

gary makovsky

• Delmont (Pittsburgh) PA
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »

I set a soft key as a mute group with all the FX return channels. 1 button between songs mutes all FX.  I also set soft key to advance scene but wont be implemented until next firmware update.

Crap, just realized you were talking about ipad app. Agree no Tap, scene or soft keys on Ipad is annoying.

Travis Watson

« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2013, 02:58:30 PM »

Im still on the fence about getting one of these. Dissapointed to see 6 of the outputs are stereo and not user defined, and the digital snake dosent increase the channel count. Why do I have to have three stereo outs, I would much prefer 10 mono outs and stereo link what I want or not. Five wedge mixes and a aux fed sub and I should still have 4 outs to do with what I please. please.
Travis Watson
Laguna Sound

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2013, 03:05:01 PM »

Im still on the fence about getting one of these. Dissapointed to see 6 of the outputs are stereo and not user defined, and the digital snake dosent increase the channel count. Why do I have to have three stereo outs, I would much prefer 10 mono outs and stereo link what I want or not. Five wedge mixes and a aux fed sub and I should still have 4 outs to do with what I please. please.

I'd contact A&H right away so they can make you up a custom console to your specific needs.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2013, 03:05:01 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.