ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schlumberger model 1200 signal processor  (Read 2769 times)

Tom Williams

Schlumberger model 1200 signal processor
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:09:46 AM »

Hi Guys/Girls

I was just cruising through a local Electronics supplier here in Oz and this came up.

http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?products_id=639&osCsid=b0a045b11d1c3dfd51f04a7196bf7ab1

Schlumberger 1200 Signal processor, I don't know if it was just the name or the included crappy photo but I needed to know some more about this unit.

I have no interest in purchasing the unit, I just can't find any details on it.

Thoughts?

Jonathan Schroeder

• SR Forums
  • Houston, Tx
Re: Schlumberger model 1200 signal processor
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 02:34:26 PM »

Hi Guys/Girls

I was just cruising through a local Electronics supplier here in Oz and this came up.

http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com//product_info.php?products_id=639&osCsid=b0a045b11d1c3dfd51f04a7196bf7ab1

Schlumberger 1200 Signal processor, I don't know if it was just the name or the included crappy photo but I needed to know some more about this unit.

I have no interest in purchasing the unit, I just can't find any details on it.

Thoughts?

Schlumberger is an oil/gas technology company.  I have had several conversations with geologists here in Houston about some of the things they do with audio in regards to oil and gas exploration.  My guess would be it is related to that. Basically, they can analyze  acoustic returns from the ground and determine what the rock formations/strata are below.  Combine several measurements, they can get a pretty good idea of what is down there before and during drilling.

Again, this is just my guess, but it may give you something to look into.
Jon

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »

Schlumberger is an oil/gas technology company.  I have had several conversations with geologists here in Houston about some of the things they do with audio in regards to oil and gas exploration.  My guess would be it is related to that. Basically, they can analyze  acoustic returns from the ground and determine what the rock formations/strata are below.  Combine several measurements, they can get a pretty good idea of what is down there before and during drilling.

Again, this is just my guess, but it may give you something to look into.
Jon

Schlumberger Instruments is probably related to the oil & gas field company that does well logging, but I'm not sure they were/are a wholly-owned subsidiary.

Seen on an oilfield well service truck "Your hole is our goal."  ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.