ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer X32  (Read 47737 times)

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
Re: Behringer X32
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 02:49:44 PM »

S16-->Jumper-->S16-->350' Duracat Ethercon c5e UTP Pick-->X32.

Not so much. Saw it, tried to sync...but wouldn't lock.  Not really a surprise; not only does the distance exceed the 320' spec'd maximum, it was also picked with a 350' U-ground, and a run of Soca. I in no way blame Behringer for this setup's failure.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:55:05 PM by Jonathan Kok »

Daniel Nickleski

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 05:25:20 PM »

Has anyone had an issue with static electricity yet? I read about some issues when using a non shielded cable (lots of pops and crackles when static is introduced at the microphone), but hadn't had an issue until last week. We were in a venue that had very dry and and a carpet stage. Step up to the mic and you would here a loud crackle thru the channel (and others that were even in use). We switched from the S16 to a copper snake and the issue went away. We were using DURACAT for the termination between the X32 producer and the S16. I have some shielded Cat5 on the way to see if that fixes the issue (I have heard from some others that it will). Shocked I am not hearing about more people having issues with this yet.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 12:57:43 AM »

A few folks tested the X32/S16 connection against static discharge using shielded and unshielded cable.  The discussion of that is available in this thread:
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,143428.150.html

The results are pretty conclusive that the S16/X32 connection is highly sensitive to static discharge at either end when using unshielded cable.  Shielded cable with Ethercon connectors seems to fix the problem.  I haven't seen anyone report being able to cause the S16 to disconnect when using shielded cable with Ethercons. 

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »

Has anyone had an issue with static electricity yet? We switched from the S16 to a copper snake and the issue went away. 

The issue went away but it is not any kind of evidence that the noise was in fact static to start with and you still don't know if shielded CAT would be the "solution".
I have been using unshielded CAT cable for my X32 in some very dry theatres and, so far, no issues.
Still, I think I might look into a shielded option.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

George Dougherty

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »

A few folks tested the X32/S16 connection against static discharge using shielded and unshielded cable.  The discussion of that is available in this thread:
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,143428.150.html

The results are pretty conclusive that the S16/X32 connection is highly sensitive to static discharge at either end when using unshielded cable.  Shielded cable with Ethercon connectors seems to fix the problem.  I haven't seen anyone report being able to cause the S16 to disconnect when using shielded cable with Ethercons.

Worth re-emphasizing the Ethercon component. I'd guess that either the Ethernet jack is not a shielded compatible type and so the ethercon is required to make the grounded connection, or the Ethercon and shield connection of the Ethernet jack are not tied together, leaving the Ethernet jack ungrounded to the shield.
It's also worth noting that S16's linked into an otherwise properly cabled setup would occasionally drop out when using an unshielded or non-ethercon equipped cable.  For best results, use properly assembled solid core shielded cabling with Ethercons for all AES50 links on the system.

Hadi Dinata

• Hearing is believing
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 12:00:43 AM »

Guys,i wonder if Berry X32 can use wireless router to communicate between S16 and the main console,and im planning on using x32 core with expectation it can be Avid S3L cheap version and my question is can x32 core to be use with control surface device like novation ? sorry for my poor english :)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber