ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer X32  (Read 47740 times)

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
Behringer X32
« on: August 12, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »

X32 connectivity solutions here.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

James A. Griffin

Re: Behringer X32
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »

X32 > 225 ft Belden Data Tuff w/ ethercon > S16 # 1 > 50 ft Belden Data Tuff w/ ethercon > S16 # 2

http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Computer-Data-Cables/CAT-5-Cables/TecNec/CAT5XTRM-10.xhtml?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&cvsfa=3786&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=434154355854524d2d3230&gclid=CNzHusLwnbkCFUhk7AodX0AAOQ

While I was waiting for the DataTuff cable to be shipped, I bought a 100' spool of Cat5 off the shelf at Home Depot.    I had no issue with it and have had none with the Belden.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:02:50 AM by James A. Griffin »
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »

X32 > 225 ft Belden Data Tuff w/ ethercon > S16 # 1 > 50 ft Belden Data Tuff w/ ethercon > S16 # 2

http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Computer-Data-Cables/CAT-5-Cables/TecNec/CAT5XTRM-10.xhtml

While I was waiting for the DataTuff cable to be shipped, I bought a 100' spool of Cat5 off the shelf at Home Depot.    I had no issue with it and have had none with the Belden.

I have a 100' piece of generic CAT5e UTP on our cross-stage drive loom and used it to connect an X32 to S16.  Coiled up, with the ends freed enough to do the patch, we encountered no problems in shop tests.  I need to see if there is 250' - 300' left in a box and try it out.

The Markertec product looks interesting.  Behringer says "shielded" but so far having no luck with "stock" assemblies of STP/Ethercon.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130892764848

Works well , rugged... keep away from DMX cables paralleling the CAT5 cable...
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Michael Storey

• San Jose, CA
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130892764848

Works well , rugged... keep away from DMX cables paralleling the CAT5 cable...

How much of an issue is this in your experience? I assume the same goes for paralleling AES/EBU audio with CAT5?

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 10:48:19 AM »

The digital signal of the DMX line, and they were using std. mic cables for DMX was noticeable during load in and setup. It did seem to go away once the show started , but that may have been attributed to us not noticing due to volume, however even during the performer change outs, it was not there...really strange but next time we will separate DMX by some distance from the CAT5/6 cables. A Shielded CAT5/6 most likely/probably/would reject the interference for sure.
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 11:38:12 AM »

The digital signal of the DMX line, and they were using std. mic cables for DMX was noticeable during load in and setup. It did seem to go away once the show started , but that may have been attributed to us not noticing due to volume, however even during the performer change outs, it was not there...really strange but next time we will separate DMX by some distance from the CAT5/6 cables. A Shielded CAT5/6 most likely/probably/would reject the interference for sure.

While this may not be the right forum for discussion, I must say, John, that the DMX being next to or on top of AES50 cabling will NOT do what you're claiming.

Why?  Because the signals are digital, if there was any corruption of the AES data you would lose word clock sync.  Shit would stop working.

The demodulated DMX noise was getting in somewhere, but it wasn't in the AES50 run...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jared Koopman

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 03:55:16 PM »

We used Belden 1583A for our install. FOH run is around 100 feet to the first S16, and another 50 feet or so to the second S16 on the opposite side of the stage.

Has worked rock solid so far, no crackles, pops, or loss of signal outside of user error. I know its not a touring solution, but for install it has worked.

http://www.belden.com/techdatas/english/1583A.pdf

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 05:21:35 AM »

Using the multi version of Gepco CT504HDX with Midas with no troubles.

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 02:14:22 PM »

Two S16's, Two X32's, one P16D, eight P16M.

S16-->S16-->X32 FOH-->X32 Record, using generic Cat5e UTP (install, through conduit). Roughly 100-150' runs. Also, X32 FOH-->P16D-->8X P16M, also generic C5eUTP. Add patch cables at FOH and the P16's (connected via Neutrik NE8FDP's).

No problems. Though figuring out how to get returns from Record to FOH took a bit of thinking.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 02:14:22 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.