ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Question  (Read 184 times)

Al Rettich

Midas Question
« on: March 15, 2024, 04:15:26 PM »

Knock on wood, I've had decent luck with Midas consoles. This one came back from a tour, and when I powered up, all sorts of red. The surface has a bad PSU, which is coming. I have no clue as to why MC/GUI 2 is red, or how to fix it. All the DSP cards are red, the stage has a PSU on a UPS which wasn't turned on.

Anyone have a number to Midas Tech Support in LAS? I'm tired, need sleep and on this one just want to follow instructions to fix it. I double checked connections from the DL431 to the DL371, X before Y. Checked all the cables making sure they were still shielded CAT 5. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Midas Question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 12:51:32 AM »

Trouble shooting the Tea Bag mixers isn't my strong suit, but...

Just a quick look makes me wonder if some other device with an RJ45 connector was patched to one or more ports on the DL racks or the DSP engine.  If a cable swap didn't fix your problem there is likely electrical/electronic damage.

That you also have failed PSU modules in the surface makes me wonder what happened, as the Pro series has had pretty reliable PSUs.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Midas Question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 12:51:32 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.