ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW MX8750 processor files  (Read 18377 times)

Ross Macafee

• Noise Gate Audio
Re: EAW MX8750 processor files
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 11:31:11 PM »

As best as I can recall, the actual files were never available. They had to be created and then uploaded to the 8750.

I might have some MX files sitting on a hard drive somewhere.

Which one do you need?

Geri O

Hi Geri,

Didn't see this response and yes, I'm back at it again.  We never got to edit our settings before and I'm hoping to do it for real this time.

I am currently set up for 2 EAW kf850s per side over 2 EAW SB850s per side.  So I guess I have that file already loaded onto the processor.  Is there a way to pull it off the processor and save onto my computer?

We sometimes like to add a pair or 2 per side onto this system when needed and I would like files for this if possible.  4/4, 8/8. Are EAW systems are all ground stacked currently.  I don't see anything in any of the EAW specs that compensate for coupling.  Am I missing something here? is this something I need to figure out on my own?

We would like to use this same processor with our 650 system as well when needed.  we have 2 650s over 1 EAW 528 sub or 4/2 depending on the gig.  Do you have files for these setups?

Thanks for any help you (or anyone else) can give!

-Ross

Ross Macafee

• Noise Gate Audio
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »

I'm wondering if the data is included with one of the software installers?

http://www.eaw.com/docs/8_Software/1_Legacy%20Software/

Or could it be in this directory?

http://www.eaw.com/docs/2_Legacy_Products/Processors/MX8700/MX87xx_Configuration_Files/

Hey Arthur,

I meant to thank you for your help.  I had already found those sections.  The PDFs were in there, but no .mxw files.  I did however learn that it is really not that hard to put in all the info and pretty dummy proof so I made some of my own.  I guess I'm still a bit confused on whether and how to account for coupling and/or adding more boxes.  Should all my settings really be the same whether I'm using 1 box or 4 per side?? 

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 10:47:21 PM »

I guess I'm still a bit confused on whether and how to account for coupling and/or adding more boxes.  Should all my settings really be the same whether I'm using 1 box or 4 per side??
Typically unless EAW states otherwise, their settings are for single boxes.  If you are arranging the boxes in an array, then use an analyzer to figure out at what frequencies the speakers are combining, then take corrective action.  However don't assume this coupling is consistent all the way around the array.  Measure at several different points around and under the array.

Ross Macafee

• Noise Gate Audio
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:36 AM »

Typically unless EAW states otherwise, their settings are for single boxes.  If you are arranging the boxes in an array, then use an analyzer to figure out at what frequencies the speakers are combining, then take corrective action.  However don't assume this coupling is consistent all the way around the array.  Measure at several different points around and under the array.

Thanks. Same for point source configuration too I assume, eh?

Ross Macafee

• Noise Gate Audio
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 11:30:03 AM »

I'm gonna have to get faster and better at reading and taking Smaart measurements then!

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »

I'm gonna have to get faster and better at reading and taking Smaart measurements then!
Yep.  I think the only point source arrays that might have different settings depending on the # of boxes involved would be the KF750 series.

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 10:13:12 PM »

Hi Geri,

Didn't see this response and yes, I'm back at it again.  We never got to edit our settings before and I'm hoping to do it for real this time.

I am currently set up for 2 EAW kf850s per side over 2 EAW SB850s per side.  So I guess I have that file already loaded onto the processor.  Is there a way to pull it off the processor and save onto my computer?

We sometimes like to add a pair or 2 per side onto this system when needed and I would like files for this if possible.  4/4, 8/8. Are EAW systems are all ground stacked currently.  I don't see anything in any of the EAW specs that compensate for coupling.  Am I missing something here? is this something I need to figure out on my own?

We would like to use this same processor with our 650 system as well when needed.  we have 2 650s over 1 EAW 528 sub or 4/2 depending on the gig.  Do you have files for these setups?

Thanks for any help you (or anyone else) can give!

-Ross

Ross, it's  my turn to be late seeing this, sorry...

I wouldn't have any 650 files. We have 850 and 760 files before we got the UX8800s.

And actually, I've been out of pro audio for pretty much a year at this point, except for staying in the shop, co-ordinating logistics. I have a few other ventures going on, and those files are elsewhere these days when I handed them all to the guys doing the heavy lifting. I'll ask around, but the files are easy to build.

And not all USB-to-serial adapters are created equal. I went through a few before I found a couple that worked reliably. One was, of all things,  a Radio Shack unit and another one was the Belkin unit sold at Best Buy. And I don't know if either unit is still available.

Wish I could be more help and good luck,
Geri O

Ross Neptune

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 01:55:11 AM »

Ross, it's  my turn to be late seeing this, sorry...

I wouldn't have any 650 files. We have 850 and 760 files before we got the UX8800s.

And actually, I've been out of pro audio for pretty much a year at this point, except for staying in the shop, co-ordinating logistics. I have a few other ventures going on, and those files are elsewhere these days when I handed them all to the guys doing the heavy lifting. I'll ask around, but the files are easy to build.

And not all USB-to-serial adapters are created equal. I went through a few before I found a couple that worked reliably. One was, of all things,  a Radio Shack unit and another one was the Belkin unit sold at Best Buy. And I don't know if either unit is still available.

Wish I could be more help and good luck,
Geri O

Hey Geri,

We have an 850 rig too so whatever you have would be helpful.  I did finally find all the processor stuff for the individual speakers, but I would be curious to find some "typical setup" files.  Like settings that take into account coupling etc.  Until then, or either way, I'll just tweak to my ear I guess.  And maybe even use a bit of SMAART to assist.  Thanks either way!

The real trick was getting the processor and computer to see each other through that USB to Serial cable.  First, getting that driver to work properly was a total pain.  Had to download the one from "Prolific" I believe.

Once that was working, the only way they finally saw each other was literally on my FINAL attempt before I was going to completely give up and buy a new processer.  You have to make sure the processor is on and booted, cable plugged in on both ends, THEN boot laptop and start program. Toggle the light in the software and wait patiently, biting your nails. There's a bit of a delay and Even after all of that sometimes I had to start completely over and do that whole process a couple times before it would work. 

Terrance Cole

Re: EAW MX8750 factory reset
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »

hi guys,

is there a way to factory reset eaw mx 8750 processor. i can't seem to remember my password.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: EAW MX8750 factory reset
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 08:25:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.