ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: video boards  (Read 7829 times)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
video boards
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »

Daktronics makes LED video panels/walls... Every shape/size/curvature/resolution-pixel density.

Not made in China though

Disclaimer... Employed by the above company
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Video boards
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »

Oh, my.  My ignorance is showing.  I mean the display itself (LED Panel/Video wall).  But it will be for a live venue with multiple video sources (cameras), so any info on minimal requirements for live music act visual peripherals would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe a thumbnail primer to get me started so I can come back and ask some decently informed questions.
Is there already something handling the camera switching?  The cameras and related switching is not typically part of the video wall processing and can be a whole topic unto itself especially when dealing with displaying live images.

One critical factor may be budget as I find that many people not familiar with these types of systems and displays have rather unrealistic expectations for the budgets associated with them.  Do you have any idea of an expected budget?

Another common misconception has to do with the resolution of LED displays.  Huge LED displays viewed from some distance away can result in very high resolution images, however smaller displays and closer viewing can result in much lower resolution images.  That lower resolution may be quite acceptable for displaying some graphics or 'sense of something' images, but may be less acceptable for displaying text and live video.  And the resolution is definitely tied to the budget as higher resolution (lower pixel pitch) displays cost more.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Video boards
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.