ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for pole mount speakers??  (Read 8118 times)

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
Re: Recommendations for poll mount speakers??
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 01:10:15 PM »

If there was one magical speaker that could do everything and cost less than everyone else's speaker, then you'd get that answer.

The truth is, all speakers have their advantages and disadvantages.  Weight, sound quality, durability, price, etc.  Posting very general specs of "I want this speaker to be able to do everything" isn't going to get you any useful discussion.

The needs of a speaker for festivals and a keynote speaker in a small meeting room are extremely different.  You really should have different equipment for those types of events.

+1 on the above

That being said, my recommendation for the most versatile speaker to handle the kinds of things you describe would be the Yamaha DSR 112.
Small size but big sound, can be flown, can be used on a tripod, can be used as a wedge, can be used with a sub, sounds great, reasonably priced.

Not the best choice for every single one of those applications but overall a really good choice .

Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

Steve Garris

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 01:33:07 PM »

+1 on the above

That being said, my recommendation for the most versatile speaker to handle the kinds of things you describe would be the Yamaha DSR 112.
Small size but big sound, can be flown, can be used on a tripod, can be used as a wedge, can be used with a sub, sounds great, reasonably priced.

Not the best choice for every single one of those applications but overall a really good choice .

+2 on this. Get a price for the DSR's from Mike Pyle on this forum (they're likely as cheap as the K12 retail price). No, you won't be doing "stadium concerts" with these or anything else in this price range.

Dave Scarlett

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 12:33:36 PM »

While I have not compared to the Yamaha, the turbosound IQ's have bested every speaker I've tried them against, including similar offerings from EV, QSC, and JBL. 

It's worth listening to.  I can't speak to long term reliability yet but powercon in and through is damn handy.

I couldn't agree more having compared my iq's to EV's. Versatile good sounding and nicely priced.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 12:33:36 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 23 queries.