ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer X-32- bypass gates in monitor outputs?  (Read 13087 times)

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
Re: Behringer X-32- bypass gates in monitor outputs?
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 05:03:39 PM »

I'm the original post Justin DOES make it sound like he was having trouble making the gates transparent(hence the problem with the drummers IEMs) so I can see where Scott was coming from in his post. If the gates couldn't be heard there wouldn't be a problem.

In any case there isn't a reason to jump on Scott(or anyone else). I'm sure that Scott has much more time on the x32 than me, most of my mixing is on an analog mixer; I just looked it up in the manual.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Fair enough, I apologize if I misinterpreted his intentions and maybe Justin did as well, and maybe he did not. I can't speak for him but I can see how he could have read into the reply and now in retrospect I see how Scott may have misinterpreted the OP or simply took it the way it sounded to anyone who does not know the how picky that drummer is with his mix.
  I read the reply wrong, It said "spend more time setting the gates properly.." which I thought he was saying to spend time learning how to set gates, but clearly it means try to set the gate so the drummer can't tell they exist. Which makes some sense until you get a drummer that wants to hear endless head ring that must must be gated out of the house mix for sure, which is the problem with a PITA drummer, which BTW I can't feel too sorry for Justin having to deal with a drummer's shit for the simple fact that before he started in sound he was a playing in bands he was the drummer.
  whether or not he was a PITA for the soundman to please don't matter, he was the drummer.........
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »

A bit of a quick missive to all those who feel butt-hurt:

Lighten up, Francis.

/ word from our sponsors
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 12:18:37 AM »

O.K, so the P16 outputs tap prior to the gates.  What would happen if you sent those outputs out of the AES50A output and then brought it back into the aux channels of the AES50B input?  This would use up your 4 aux inputs, but would leave your regular channels free.
Brian Jojade

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »

O.K, so the P16 outputs tap prior to the gates.  What would happen if you sent those outputs out of the AES50A output and then brought it back into the aux channels of the AES50B input?  This would use up your 4 aux inputs, but would leave your regular channels free.

Never mind.  I just realized that you can patch a regular mic input into one of the aux channels directly. No need to mess going through the AES50 to get there.  So you can use 8 aux channels as duplicates of your other channels if needed, still leaving you 32 channels to play with.
Brian Jojade

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.