ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: QRX 212 speaker pole cups??  (Read 12448 times)

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
Re: QRX 212 speaker pole cups??
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

Please no quotes from above "get it up for the pole mount" post.
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 12:36:05 PM »

It's hardly the same thing as flying a box often times there may be people under them and they also will be likely much higher and permanently installed.
 What we are talking about here is not much different (if any) then if a speaker stacked on a sub were to tip and actually if the box is ballanced well on a strong tripod pole mounted in a quality tophat that is BOLTED in or T nutted with bolts, not just screwed into the wood itself I bet they would be less likely to fall over compared to the stacked unstrapped setup they were designed for.
An eighty pound speaker falling from nine feet will do considerable damage.  The liability for that damage will not be covered by your insurance, since you are utilizing the product beyond it's design scope.  If your pockets are deep enough to accept this liability, then they are deep enough to purchase equipment that is designed for this application in the first place.  The risk management math says this is a bad idea.  Of course, you can ignore this advice; and if/when something happens, you can kiss your business assets (and perhaps personal assets) goodbye.  As stated earlier, you can't even put a pole cup in the proper place on these speakers, since the basket of the bottom 12" is in the way.  Why are we still talking about this?
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 02:41:44 PM »

Scott,
I think maybe your logic is flawwed. First who the hell pole mounts a speaker 9ft? Not me, and never seen anyone else do it either, less then 1/2 that height would be the most I'd ever want to lift any speaker on to a pole!

The liability for that damage will not be covered by your insurance, since you are utilizing the product beyond it's design scope
And you suggested using a scafolding and home made spacers, which is fine as far as Im concerned but do you really think those solutions are within the product's design scope? I think it not. Neither the speaker or scafolding design scope and to me seems much more likely an insurer would question speakers on top of construction equipment then a speaker on a speaker stand. Also, in reality the engineers didn't even design the boxes to be strapped down, so is that also a liability?
   If your pockets are so deep why not erect a proper fly rig?
  Seems like you pop in every thread with that same statement about getting the right gear for the application but who are you to say what is or isnt right when you don't know anything about the application?
 I think they call it trolling. 

As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »

Scott,
I think maybe your logic is flawwed. First who the hell pole mounts a speaker 9ft? Not me, and never seen anyone else do it either, less then 1/2 that height would be the most I'd ever want to lift any speaker on to a pole!
  And you suggested using a scafolding and home made spacers, which is fine as far as Im concerned but do you really think those solutions are within the product's design scope? I think it not. Neither the speaker or scafolding design scope and to me seems much more likely an insurer would question speakers on top of construction equipment then a speaker on a speaker stand. Also, in reality the engineers didn't even design the boxes to be strapped down, so is that also a liability?
   If your pockets are so deep why not erect a proper fly rig?
  Seems like you pop in every thread with that same statement about getting the right gear for the application but who are you to say what is or isnt right when you don't know anything about the application?
 I think they call it trolling.
Some people just can't be helped.  Welcome to the Iggy List.  Just for fun, why don't you try dropping one of those 212s on your foot from 4 1/2' up...
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 07:24:41 PM »

Some people just can't be helped.  Welcome to the Iggy List.  Just for fun, why don't you try dropping one of those 212s on your foot from 4 1/2' up...
That would be fun but I removed the logos on the grills and I am sure my insurance co. will find out the speakers are not as designed and engineered and then I'd be liable. If I had the money for that liability beleive me, I'd spend the dough on the right equipment for the application.

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 07:25:24 PM »

why are we still talking about this?

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »

well I'm done, count on that

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 07:25:51 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.