ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neutrik Xirium  (Read 8346 times)

Malcolm Macgregor

Neutrik Xirium
« on: June 17, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »

Hey Guys!

Have any of you seen the new product from Neutrik, if all is true it should be great for wireless measuring up to 8 channels per unit :)

Price here in holland is a lot less than the Lectrosonics unit but i'm wondering if the system is useable for measurement.

So have any of u seen this or better, have tested it?

Grtz Malcolm

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Neutrik Xirium
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 04:32:45 PM »

The world's most preferred connector company is jumping into the wireless microphone pool?
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 10:32:32 PM »

Hey Guys!

Have any of you seen the new product from Neutrik, if all is true it should be great for wireless measuring up to 8 channels per unit :)

Price here in holland is a lot less than the Lectrosonics unit but i'm wondering if the system is useable for measurement.

Grtz Malcolm

Interesting... I stopped by the Neutrik booth at Infocomm and specifically asked "what's new?" and this didn't come up. nor did I notice anything like it at the booth.

it does sound suspiciously like the technology implemented in Shure's new conference system, but only vaguely.

Jason

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:40:19 PM »

Hey Guys!

Grtz Malcolm

I wonder if it will have a Switchcraft connector option?

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »

Very short range though - in the 30m ballpark. For me, thats too short. To be honest, If my measurement mic is <20m away, I'd normally just use a cable
Riedel Communications

Juergen Bartel

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 04:33:22 AM »

Very short range though - in the 30m ballpark. For me, thats too short. To be honest, If my measurement mic is <20m away, I'd normally just use a cable
Hi Chris,

I work in the R&D at NEUTRIK and I am also responsible for all kind of applications. I helped developing XIRIUM for the lasr 4 years and customers use it for measurement purposes all the time.
We recommend 30m LOS in dynamic applications like stage, audio for wireless cameras, just everywhere where LOS is not guaranteed all the time.
For point to point applications we have tested the system more than 500m with no issues at all. So I can assure you that it is a useful tool for all kind of measurements out there, since we have a fixed and sample accurate latency and no compression at all.

Regards, Juergen

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 12:13:11 PM »

Hi Chris,

I work in the R&D at NEUTRIK and I am also responsible for all kind of applications. I helped developing XIRIUM for the lasr 4 years and customers use it for measurement purposes all the time.
We recommend 30m LOS in dynamic applications like stage, audio for wireless cameras, just everywhere where LOS is not guaranteed all the time.
For point to point applications we have tested the system more than 500m with no issues at all. So I can assure you that it is a useful tool for all kind of measurements out there, since we have a fixed and sample accurate latency and no compression at all.

Regards, Juergen

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »

Hey Neutrik guys,

So i spoke to a UK rep about Xirium, and I'm very interested.

He said that at present, I can't use a Portable TX and a Touring RX (which is how I would like to use the system) without the rackmount base in between, but that this functionality would be available in a future firmware update.

Could you tell me whether this is something that will happen sooner or later?

Chris
Riedel Communications

Malcolm Macgregor

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 07:35:15 AM »

It's been a while since there was any news on the Xirium system but now i have seen they added a new system, Xirium X. It allows for Transmitter -> Receiver connections without a base station, so it's a better replacement now for Lectrosonics system.

When the festival season starts here i'm going to see if i can demo it for a week and i'll put up a video :-)

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 11:36:51 AM »

Please do Malcolm, I'm still interested!

Cheers
Riedel Communications

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 11:36:51 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.