ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap durable mic stands  (Read 105844 times)

Mark McFarlane

Re: Cheap durable mic stands
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2014, 01:28:03 AM »

Here is another one but I was told that the parts may not be easily found. This one Telescopes outward and then collapses within itself.  Look at the .Gif to see.
http://www.galaxyaudio.com/standformer.php

I've used 6 of those for abut a dozen gigs.

The 'stops' that prevent the tubes from coming apart fell off on two of them already.  I like the design very much, especially the short (2m) ones, they pack up very compactly and adapt very easily from someone sitting to someone standing, while still looking very good  because the vertical  section of the mic stand is in 2 pieces, so they can grow from a short stand to a tall stand.  One downside of the design is the boom angle is limited to about 45 degrees, you can't go 'more vertical' than that unless the boom is fully extended, otherwise the 'back side' of the boom hits the vertical pole.
Mark McFarlane

claude cascioli

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2014, 11:03:48 AM »

Any one have a cheap reliable option?  I refuse to buy another dozen of the garbage On-Stage model.  Seems like every part breaks or strips in 2 months.  I usually try and track down a bunch used, but the markets seems a little dry right now and I need them quick.  I was looking at the Quik Lok A-300.  Anybody have an experience with them or a good recommendation?  I'm trying to pick up 6-7 of them and keep my budget down around $200.

Thanks!
Justin

John Roll

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »

K&M. Do it properly, do it once.
Which K&M would you recommend for overheads?
John Roll
JMR Pro Audio

QSC, JBL, Presonus, Audix, K&M, EWI, Furman

George Dougherty

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2014, 01:12:58 PM »

I don't have a recommendation, but I will say as a general reply I've seen some k&m that are either a lower grade budget line or cheap k&m branded knockoffs that don't seem more substantial than the crappy onstage ones. They could very well be more durable with a higher grade metal on the moving parts, but the stands themselves seemed of similar metal quality.

Pete Bansen

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2014, 10:19:05 PM »

John, the 21021 is an extra tall, heavy duty stand that's ideal for overheads.

Pete

Al Rubio, Jr

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2014, 06:07:34 AM »

Anybody have any experience with these Ultimate Tour T-T boom stands?
http://www.ultimatesupport.com/product/Tour-T-T

George Dougherty

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2014, 10:35:31 AM »

Sweetwater reviews would support the buy K&M conclusion.  I'm in the Tama and DR Pro stands are good quality as well camp.

Al Rubio, Jr

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2014, 03:24:37 PM »

Well, I went ahead and decided to satiate my curiosity directly and ordered one.  Very disappointing.  The stand never set up perfectly vertical; parts weren't fit precisely; legs would wobble around in the "folded and stored" position; and right out of the box, the locking knob on the base was broken (see pic).  If the thing couldn't survive shipment from the store IN THE BOX, what's gonna happen in the rough & tumble of the real world?
Looks like I'm sticking with my beyer/K&M branded booms... even though I've been experiencing stripped out thumbscrews lately (something that didn't used to happen).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:27:45 PM by Al Rubio, Jr »

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 10:36:15 AM »

Well, I went ahead and decided to satiate my curiosity directly and ordered one.  Very disappointing.

My experience with Ultimate has been dismal for several years. They used to be good.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »

If anything DOES go wrong with your K&M stands it is worth contacting them about it, as they will try to make it right. I talked to them recently after a customer mentioned having the threaded mic adaptor loosen and spin in the boom. The distributor said that they were aware of some stands that were not swaged correctly in production and were replacing them.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2014, 12:43:11 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.