ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Kick Drum Mic?  (Read 108867 times)

Tim Sheumack

Re: Best Kick Drum Mic?
« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2018, 02:36:20 pm »

I Ďfoundí the ae2500 after hosting a guest engineer when doing the Polyrhithmics a couple of months back.  Guy had a really nice sounding kit.  We had a long chat about drum and percussion mics and techniques.  Young guy but an old soul sound wise.

Based on liking the AE2500 I went out and bought the AT250DE which I think was sold as the dual element version/incarnation (which had a condenser/dynamic capsule housed inside). Maybe mine had issues but couldnít find a use for it and struggled using it and got rid of it.

Like everyone else has said the mic depends on genre and either a beta52, e902 or Beyer M88 seems to cover my bases for recording and live kick.

My fave to use is probably the M88 (Iíve got 2 mint earlier silver grill versions with old tuchel connectors - M88n that sound amazing but Iím very weary of blowing them on kick these days and 3x TG versions that rule on kick and many other things...toms, guitar cab, sax etc). Thereís nothing like a great jazz kit with an M88 on kick.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 02:41:17 pm by Tim Sheumack »

David Morison

• SR Forums
  • Aberdeen, Scotland
Re: Best Kick Drum Mic?
« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2018, 01:35:59 pm »

Based on liking the AE2500 I went out and bought the AT250DE which I think was sold as the dual element version/incarnation (which had a condenser/dynamic capsule housed inside).

To clarify, both the 2500 and 250DE are dual element - the 250 being in the more "regular" series and the 2500 being in the "elite" or premium series.
FWIW,
David
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.