ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi-track recording with Soundcraft Si Compact/Expression?  (Read 43994 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Multi-track recording with Soundcraft Si Compact/Expression?
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:17 PM »

wait seriously!? i that case, i'll go for the dante then.. i just need to learn how to set it up

You'll have to learn how to set anything up. Dante won't be much more or less complicated than FireWire. It's all similar, cable, drivers, assigning direct outs, that sort of thing. I don't know what you will think you'll find on YouTube that will make one easier than the other.

No disrespect to Nicolas, who may have heard this from a good source, but I've talked to people seemingly in the know and have not heard of such a restriction. I suggest you contact Soundcraft and get a certain answer.

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
Re: Multi-track recording with Soundcraft Si Compact/Expression?
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »

No disrespect to Nicolas, who may have heard this from a good source, but I've talked to people seemingly in the know and have not heard of such a restriction. I suggest you contact Soundcraft and get a certain answer.

Googling "soundcraft si firewire card" led me to this January 2013 press release:

http://www.soundcraft.com/news/news_story.aspx?type=1&nid=673

ANAHEIM, California — HARMAN's Soundcraft has announced additional option cards in the ViSi Connect family for its Vi Series, Si Compact, Si Performer and new Si Expression range of consoles. The first card is a multi-digital interface card offering 16x16 channels of Firewire or USB connection, together with eight channels of optical ADAT, making a very simple recording interface available for these popular consoles.

Also announced shipping very soon are the Dante™ interface card and the BSS BLU link card, the latter providing a simple and convenient interface to any Harman product equipped with the BSS BLU Link digital audio bus, the most recent of which is the dbx PMC16 Personal Monitor System, allowing the console to feed the monitor controllers directly.

Sure looks like the Firewire will be 16x16.
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 05:53:52 PM »

Googling "soundcraft si firewire card" led me to this January 2013 press release:

http://www.soundcraft.com/news/news_story.aspx?type=1&nid=673

Sure looks like the Firewire will be 16x16.

I'll be damned. My apologies. That is, IMHO, absurd!

Asaph Ace

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 08:24:31 PM »

I'll be damned. My apologies. That is, IMHO, absurd!

i guess 16x16 aint enough for my church... looks like dante is the best option! you guys better help me out by the time we get it! haha

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 09:59:34 PM »

i guess 16x16 aint enough for my church... looks like dante is the best option! you guys better help me out by the time we get it! haha
Out of curiosity, is Asaph Ace your real name?  Sounds conveniently like an Old Testament musical alias.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 12:20:36 AM »

It really shouldn't be that complicated!

Asaph Ace

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 02:09:50 AM »

Out of curiosity, is Asaph Ace your real name?  Sounds conveniently like an Old Testament musical alias.

Yup! My mom is a church music director and she wanted to name me after to a temple musician  specifically from the Book of Psalms from the Bible. pretty funnny... haha

Stuart Holmes

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 08:54:46 AM »

I just received the following from soundcraft... Good news I think.
"Soundcraft professional mixing consoles    11 June 00:47
Hi Stuart, i can confirm that it is now a 32x32 interface. It was previously only 16x16 but we managed to upgrade this, unfortunately, since that press release!
Regards, Elliott"

This should be a much more serviceable interface than was originally released.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber