ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need advice to choose PA speakers  (Read 23040 times)

Rick Hash

Re: Need advice to choose PA speakers
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »

I'm back. got my pa. prx735 and prx718. great sounding speakers. two complaints. one: fans are on all the time. even though they are not loud, however I could hear them in the theatre that I was testing them in. given it was complete silence when I noticed and there were 4 of the fans. two: big issue that I'm about to resolve (I hope). POWER SAVING MODE, WTF were they thinking!!!!!! 2-3 min after there is no signal received by the speaker it goes into power saving mode. that's all great only if it wouldn't take too hot of an input signal to start them back up. even more for the subs. I can't say how many dbs but I will say I had speaker gain set all the way up on the amp and when they finally turned back on it would be too loud for a quiet resection or some corporate event that needs music as a background noise. great sounding speakers though. and lite :)

Steve Garris

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »

I'm back. got my pa. prx735 and prx718. great sounding speakers. two complaints. one: fans are on all the time. even though they are not loud, however I could hear them in the theatre that I was testing them in. given it was complete silence when I noticed and there were 4 of the fans. two: big issue that I'm about to resolve (I hope). POWER SAVING MODE, WTF were they thinking!!!!!! 2-3 min after there is no signal received by the speaker it goes into power saving mode. that's all great only if it wouldn't take too hot of an input signal to start them back up. even more for the subs. I can't say how many dbs but I will say I had speaker gain set all the way up on the amp and when they finally turned back on it would be too loud for a quiet resection or some corporate event that needs music as a background noise. great sounding speakers though. and lite :)

It's really a shame that JBL didn't design this very well. The PRX600 series had a reputation of overheating, so they slapped a cheap, noisy fan on the back. This, and the low signal shutdown are common complaints with the new 700 series. Owners are told by JBL that there is nothing that can be done about either issue.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 24 queries.