ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What kind ........ should I buy.  (Read 12728 times)

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
Re: What kind ........ should I buy.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »

Residential refrigerators are no longer made for reliability. My nephew who worked in an appliance store last summer says 10 years is about the max lifetime for a new fridge.

Commercial refrigerators are horribly noisy and probably won't match your kitchen decor (if you can even get them in the door).

By the way, the brand "LG" stands for "Lucky Goldstar," the same Goldstar that made TVs and other appliances of questionable quality in previous decades. They have done a fantastic job of rebranding.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 06:58:25 PM »

Residential refrigerators are no longer made for reliability. My nephew who worked in an appliance store last summer says 10 years is about the max lifetime for a new fridge.

Commercial refrigerators are horribly noisy and probably won't match your kitchen decor (if you can even get them in the door).

By the way, the brand "LG" stands for "Lucky Goldstar," the same Goldstar that made TVs and other appliances of questionable quality in previous decades. They have done a fantastic job of rebranding.

I was familiar with the "LG" moniker and name change. And by the way, LG makes many of Sears refrigerators. Sly devils that they are. I networked a very large appliance dealer some years ago (25) and still have a great relationship with them, but the costs of appliances through dealers of that type are usually higher as many of them don't have the same discounts as the big box stores and rely on "value adding". Delivery, service, etc.

On top of the fridge I just had a 3 year old Kenmore dishwasher shit the bed for the second time. I replaced it today with a BOSCH that I paid $800 for. I've installed it and I'll have to say the quality of workmanship and materials is very high. That being the case I may opt for a BOSCH fridge, or Samsung w/ built in TV. We'll see, but anything I buy will be stainless, French door, bottom freezer, ice, water and cost 2K or less.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
What kind ........ should I buy.
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 08:02:50 PM »

The subzero units I know about seem to have service calls all the time and are stupid expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1

We have a SubZero unit where I work and we've had it break a couple of times since I started working there last October.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
What kind ........ should I buy.
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »

any brand but GE !

+1000

I had a GE that worked great for 30 years. When it did quit, I bought another. Three years later 5 service visits couldn't fix it. The original problem was that it didn't get cold enough but after 5 visits it didn't work at all. They offered me a small discount on a replacement. Ya, right!

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 09:04:30 PM »

I'm hearing the same thing about Maytag now. GE, Maytag, what a shame. Rob has seen my house, so a new fridge would probably be the best part of it. I can't do anything with Bosch because they're all 36" wide.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »

I'm hearing the same thing about Maytag now. GE, Maytag, what a shame. Rob has seen my house, so a new fridge would probably be the best part of it. I can't do anything with Bosch because they're all 36" wide.
Bob
Im seeing Samsung up there man.

I dunno do your home work.

What F3 are you lookin for ?

:D

http://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&gs_rn=12&gs_ri=psy-ab&suggest=p&cp=13&gs_id=1s&xhr=t&q=best+side+by+side+refrigerator&es_nrs=true&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=best+side+by+&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.46226182,d.aWc&fp=c7db2670aa79675e&biw=1548&bih=831

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 01:14:31 AM »

That being the case I may opt for a BOSCH fridge, or Samsung w/ built in TV.

Precisely the reason that when my previous residence was under construction, I installed both a CAT5 network jack and a cable TV jack behind the fridge.

I never ended up using them for the fridge (the built-in TV or web browser never appealed to me), but I found that on top of the cupboard above the fridge was the perfect spot for the cable modem & wifi router. Having the jacks behind the fridge was pretty convenient for that install.

I suppose the current owner is wondering why there's a network & cable jack behind the fridge.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 01:47:00 AM »

+1

We have a SubZero unit where I work and we've had it break a couple of times since I started working there last October.

I posted that a a joke really, because they are expensive..But that being said in the high end remodels I'm around there that seems to be the fridge of choice.. Along with Viking stoves

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 02:09:46 AM »

I posted that a a joke really, because they are expensive..But that being said in the high end remodels I'm around there that seems to be the fridge of choice.. Along with Viking stoves

Interesting combination.  IIRC, Wolf Range owns SubZero....  er, Wolf Applicance.  It seems Wolf Range (commercial) is now part of Vulcan-Hart which is owned by ITW.

Viking is now owned by Middleby, who has numerous commercial food preparation brands.  Viking products appear to still be built in Greenville, MS.

Just wondering why the dealer didn't push an all-Viking kitchen.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »

Ours at work is one of those "built-in" models with cabinet front doors that match the cabinets in the kitchen; it's definitely got a "high-end" feel to it although, like I said, we've had several problems with it in the past 5 or 6 months. Usually it would stop cooling in the refrigerator section and we'd have to have a repair person come out.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.