ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34   Go Down

Author Topic: behringer x32 cracking and popping with 2x S16 connected?  (Read 230637 times)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: behringer x32 cracking and popping with 2x S16 connected?
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »

Thanks again to you and now Corey for your work figuring this out. I'd still like to see the results of JR's suggestion of a test using UTP with Ethercons plus an additional ground wire connecting the console and S16 together...

While I do not have a pony in this contest, I remain curious about the underlying fault mechanism involved.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »

While I do not have a pony in this contest, I remain curious about the underlying fault mechanism involved.

JR

Uli's karma???
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

John Roberts {JR}

• Resotune
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2013, 04:57:34 PM »

Uli's karma???

I have actually seen Karma collected from business types who operated in karma deficit for too long. The good news is we mere individuals do not need to worry about it. The universe does all the work.

We just need to keep our personal accounts straight.  8)

JR

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2013, 12:19:35 AM »

Like you John I have no dog in this fight but follow along out of "networking" curiosity. I doubt the gang at Uli world will ever post the real cause for this issue. My theory is still the same, a daughter board without a common ground.

ever wonder why the gang from Uli world seldom posts on this site? Probably because of posts like mine.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Resotune
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2013, 10:59:35 AM »

Like you John I have no dog in this fight but follow along out of "networking" curiosity. I doubt the gang at Uli world will ever post the real cause for this issue. My theory is still the same, a daughter board without a common ground.

ever wonder why the gang from Uli world seldom posts on this site? Probably because of posts like mine.
Be careful what you wish for. Actually Uli has posted personally on several web forum and apparently encourages his service people to participate. I suspect his mid level marketing types are a little cautious knowing that dad may be reading or will hear about it if they show too much ass. Maybe they do not have any more factual advice to add other than what type of cable to use, which should be enough if it works every time.

I won't speculate about the cause of the fault, but it seems being able to reproduce the fault in the lab, opens up an opportunity to better understand and make the interface more robust. These are not the kind of laundry that manufacturers like to wash in public.

JR

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2013, 02:38:41 PM »

Keep in mind that the pysical interface (the four pairs of data lines) are galvanic isolated using 'ethernet transformers'.

The only galvanic connection is the stp-shield that doesn't carry any data.

If you use utp there is no grounding issue but I rather think that the data stream becomes corrupt and some crc-error is detected and therefor mutes the audio.

Whit a proper shield it is more difficult to inject inteference into the data lines as the shield will take care of most of it and safely lead it to ground.

Simon Fernie

« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2013, 05:59:21 AM »

JR

+1

To Mr  Mortensen : Maybe the AES should anticipate the SPCA's (Society for the Protection against Cable Abuse) reaction to their shocking photo's!   ;D

At a recent gig with plenty of potential "older material/analog(ue) " problem sources, the only hitch for about ten minutes was the band's x32, (without a  S16 stage-box)  hissing slightly until the operator found out it was an internal patching problem...

"la sensation varie selon le logarithmic de l'excitation" (Weber and Fechner,18th century)

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2013, 11:17:47 PM »

I'm still looking for a decent pliable shielded cable that's readily available and not more than $1/ft.  I contacted TMB about ProPlex but they refuse to sell to end users and I refuse to jump through hoops just to buy a cable.  Also, according to Dan M. the ProPlex isn't very flexible.

I currently have a Rapco / ProCo cable from MF that uses Belden 1533R.  It's stiff and holds its shape worse than a pipe cleaner.

I also picked up a cable off of Amazon that appears to be made by Wavenet.  It's definitely better than the Belden 1533R but nowhere near the Gepco CT504HDX UTP cable.  I'm probably going to stick with that until something better comes along.  I haven't experienced the same issues that Dan M. did with dropouts due to pinching but I'm not as confident in this Wavenet cable's ability to support the pair spacing to prevent it.

*edit: I misread Dan's post initially.  I went ahead and purchased some TMB ProPlex and I'm happy with it.  It's very flexible.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:09:43 PM by Corey Scogin »

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2013, 12:10:04 AM »

I'm still looking for a decent pliable shielded cable that's readily available and not more than $1/ft.  I contacted TMB about ProPlex but they refuse to sell to end users and I refuse to jump through hoops just to buy a cable.  Also, according to Dan M. the ProPlex isn't very flexible.

I don't see the difficultly in calling the right person to get the Proplex.  I could get it for you or I know Mike Pyle can get it for you.  I have been out of the area lately and have recommended people to call him to get it.  It is great cable.  Not the most flexible but it will still go around wall corners without issue.  If you want to coil it around a broom stick then it probably isn't for you.  If you plan on using it for any reasonable professional audio application then it is an awesome cable that will exceed your needs.  I have yet to see a superior cable.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2013, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Corey,

The ProPlex I got is the 4 banger, not the single run. The individual runs (the splayed ends of the 4 banger) seem flexible enough, it's the overall jacket that's stiff stiff stiff.

Following the advice of another thread, I taped it to some AC with Rescue Tape (the silicon self-sealing stuff), and the assembly is MUCH easier to deal with than the loose cables. My silicon tape wrapping technique needs some help in terms of getting a nice looking wrap, but it seems to grab pretty well and I got 80 separate wraps out of a 36' roll of tape, the 2" stuff.

I, too, am unaware of TMB not selling to anyone, but maybe I'm set up somehow, having bought there before for resale.

HTH,
Dan

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2013, 04:00:00 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.