ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Send two video signals 200'  (Read 6175 times)

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
Re: Send two video signals 200'
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »

Looks like I should be able to purchase a 330' Thunderbolt cable pretty soon.

http://www.corning.com/news_center/news_releases/2013/2013010702.aspx
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 11:00:20 AM »

I see you don't have a HDCP issue (I never run protected content so don't really think about it)
Unfortunately, it is not always a factor of the content but sometimes of the hardware.  Some devices like the Mac mini apparently enable HDCP whenever they see they are connected to a HDCP compliant device rather than only when the content calls for it.  Because HDCP is then enabled, if you have something not HDCP compliant after that such as an HDMI-to-HD-SDI converter, CODEC, etc. then those devices can't receive any HD signals.  The newer Matrox DualHead2Go Digital ME and Digital SE versions are HDCP compliant thus they could trigger such a response from some sources.

This has gotten to be such a common issue that AMX, Cretsron and others making digital media routers have included the option to turn off HDCP for individual inputs.  It means those inputs cannot accept HDCP encrypted content but it also means they will not trigger the source device to enable HDCP.

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 01:31:59 PM »

I didn't realize that. We run content mostly from MacBook pros and iMacs but have a few minis that I have not had a issue with yet and most of them do run through the system I described. Good to have that to think about should I run into a issue in the future.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 01:31:59 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.