ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digico SD8 FX error  (Read 6016 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Digico SD8 FX error
« on: March 10, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »

I got an error on our SD8 that locked up my FX rack the other day. Audio still passed through the 6 engines I had running, but I can't see or edit them and I get the error every time I pull up the FX rack. I use this scene frequently. I reset the control computer and the FX engine, and then the audio engine and a restart after the show, no help. I'd like to recover this scene, it's a "turnkey" scene for this act in this room.

Anyone know how I might recover my scene?

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Digico SD8 FX error
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 02:27:25 PM »

The executable is attempting to write to an address that you either have no access to or that does not exist. Call Digico.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Nick Pires

• Portland, ME
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 03:24:41 PM »

I got an error on our SD8 that locked up my FX rack the other day. Audio still passed through the 6 engines I had running, but I can't see or edit them and I get the error every time I pull up the FX rack. I use this scene frequently. I reset the control computer and the FX engine, and then the audio engine and a restart after the show, no help. I'd like to recover this scene, it's a "turnkey" scene for this act in this room.

The only time I've seen this was the result of having power cut while the desk was shutting down. Everything worked fine, but that message kept coming up. Digico said it has to do with the 'startup file' being corrupted.
I'm not who I would be, if I wasn't who I am.

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »

Try selection sessions structure -> restructure, without actually changing anything.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »

The executable is attempting to write to an address that you either have no access to or that does not exist. Call Digico.

This is a windows run time generated error that can be caused by an operating system upgrade, corrupt file, etc..

Microsoft's writeup on this type error is below, however, please note that an exact match to the error is seldom found as it is generally specific to the program being run.

In this case my recommendation to call Digico was based on a bet they have seen this error before and can lead you to the fix quickly, and because the OS for the board may need an update or recovery process performed. I have worked with allocation errors 1000's of times and the one constant you'll find is that if you let them go uncorrected you will eventually have more problems to contend with.

I still suggest you call digico and give them the error.

From Microsoft;
"An access violation means that an application tried to use a portion of the Random Access Memory (RAM) that was being used by another process or one to which the process has no valid access.
Step 1: If you are not able to boot the computer, then check if the same happens in safe mode.
Step 2: If it does not occur in safe mode, then check in clean boot.
“How to perform Clean Boot”  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135     

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Digico SD8 FX error
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »

Thanks guys - advice passed on to mgmt!

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 10:33:56 PM »

Well this has been an illuminating thread.  :o

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:33:41 AM »

samual,
Please let us know what the outcome is.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Nick Pires

• Portland, ME
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 11:17:24 AM »

Thanks guys - advice passed on to mgmt!
DiGiCo will have instructions. The start-up file is corrupted. You'll need to quit to Windows, switch the backup hard drive to primary and restart the desk. After you successfully shut down and restart, quit to windows again open up what was the primary drive, find the corrupt file (they'll have to walk you through this) and delete it. With DiGiCo walking you through the process it should only take 15min or so.
I'm not who I would be, if I wasn't who I am.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 11:17:24 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.