ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker Wire for Hi-Fi system  (Read 17940 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Re: Speaker Wire for Hi-Fi system
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 02:37:35 PM »

But really unnecessary.

All you really need to do is run your cables through the washing machine once per week for really clean sound.

The fresh scent tide seems to give the vest transient response.

B.S.  When the scent wears off so does the effect, and most users can't remove their wires from the installation.  My MajikQuartz® Cable Impurity Dampers work so long as the bag remains tied to the cable.

So there.  Pffffffft! (my Bill the Cat acknowledgement).
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Re: Re: Speaker Wire for Hi-Fi system
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »

B.S.  When the scent wears off so does the effect, and most users can't remove their wires from the installation.  My MajikQuartz® Cable Impurity Dampers work so long as the bag remains tied to the cable.

So there.  Pffffffft! (my Bill the Cat acknowledgement).

You must be snorting the dandelions

So I challenge you to a totally biased, uncontrolled, purely subjective listening test.

We can use the Billy and the Boingers single as the source material
Jay Barracato

paul bell

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »

CABLE SHOOTOUT!!!

Bill McIntosh

• Louisville KY
Re: Speaker Wire for Hi-Fi system
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 08:32:17 PM »

I've always used zip cord. Buy it at the hardware store. Flexible, handles plenty of power, white or brown, cheap.

OK, I think I got it.  The clear version is for transparent sound  ;D, but if I need to EQ to the room I use brown to warm it up  8), or white if the sound needs to be brighter ;).

You always have to do the right thing, but that's not enough. You have a job where people have to trust you. You have to LOOK like you're doing the right thing.

paul bell

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »

OK, I think I got it.  The clear version is for transparent sound  ;D, but if I need to EQ to the room I use brown to warm it up  8), or white if the sound needs to be brighter ;).

^like

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »

Personally, for hi fi I recommend used blasting wire. It's usually free, it's usually oxygen AND copper free, and it's demonstrated that in the past that someone got a bang out of it.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 01:33:04 AM »

You must be snorting the dandelions

So I challenge you to a totally biased, uncontrolled, purely subjective listening test.

We can use the Billy and the Boingers single as the source material

Uh... you got a copy of that?  "U Stink but I *heart* You" and "I'm a Boinger"
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »

a friend that did multitrack to 2 track stereo studio master work also worked at several audiophile (including Christopher Hansens) stores in la. as there were audible differences between amps and speakers there were small audible differences between cables. we even experimented with our own cables and he liked 2 rg6 catv cables for speker wire. i like 10 gauge because the bass is a little stronger and i have dynaudio 30w100 woofs that can handle 300 watts rms. i use fine stranded automotive power cable because its very flexable and the insulation is tough. my stereo is powered by a qsc 3500 that rated 300 watts into 8 ohms and i crank it up.

my firend and i did a lot of comparisons between conrad-johnson , manley(used in lots of recording studios) , audio research , vtl , cat , mit cable , kimber cable , monster cable , and other brands of high priced junk. save your money and buy zip cord. if you crank it like i do use 12 or 10 gauge. i use canarie star quad and make my own rca interconnect cables.

for a home stereo 12-14 gauge zip cord is fine. the larger gauge seems to have better bass and just for you guys that might mock me , i am a drummer , sound man , recording engineer and can easily make a recording and compare it to the real instrument.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:13:05 AM by Jeff Harrell »

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Re: Re: Re: Speaker Wire for Hi-Fi system
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »

Uh... you got a copy of that?  "U Stink but I *heart* You" and "I'm a Boinger"

Well I dug up the book but the single has gone missing somewhere in my library.
Jay Barracato

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 09:19:58 AM »

Personally, for hi fi I recommend used blasting wire. It's usually free, it's usually oxygen AND copper free, and it's demonstrated that in the past that someone got a bang out of it.

Yeah, great impulse response with that stuff...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 09:19:58 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.