ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's next?  (Read 14919 times)

Tom Young

• Global Moderator
Re: Who's next?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »

Long ago Meyer made an analog console but I don't know if they were ever available in the US.

Mac

It was made by a ATL, a Japanese company who were (I believe) the Meyer distributor there. The consoles (FOH and Stage Monitor models) were available in the US through Meyer. They had one at the Fillmore when we were there for the 5th day of SIM class in 1997.

For its time the console was very well designed, sounded great and built like a tank.
Tom Young
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
203-888-6217

Woody Nuss

• Santa Monica, CA
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »

I think I mixed mons on one of those at a Quattro club in Japan around 95 or so?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:56:45 PM by Woody Nuss »

Lee Brenkman

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 08:18:44 PM »

It was made by a ATL, a Japanese company who were (I believe) the Meyer distributor there. The consoles (FOH and Stage Monitor models) were available in the US through Meyer. They had one at the Fillmore when we were there for the 5th day of SIM class in 1997.

For its time the console was very well designed, sounded great and built like a tank.

All of the above is correct.   A few of these consoles were bought and installed in the SF Bay Area.  I mixed many jazz shows on one at the "Life on the Water" Theater which was on one of the piers at Fort Mason.

It was a great sounding and well built console but NOT priced to compete with other desks of it's size.   And for those who could afford it the Gamble boards had more inputs and aux sends so they became the "natural match" for big Meyer systems in the USA.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 08:18:44 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.