ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using the Mackie DL1608 with an iPad 1?  (Read 7366 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Anyone using the Mackie DL1608 with an iPad 1?
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:34:10 PM »

I'm thinking about parting out my mixwizard rig and replacing it with the DL1608. I would like to just permanently attach an ipad to it. Since iPad 1's are really cheap now it seems like the way to go. I'm wondering how well the 1st gen iPad runs while docked on the 1608. Is it able to play music, mix, and record like it should? Any gotcha's I should be aware of?

If the 1st gen iPads seem slow or otherwise don't work as well I would just upgrade to a 2nd gen to be safe. I don't own an iPad  right now so unfortunately can't test it.

Thanks
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: Anyone using the Mackie DL1608 with an iPad 1?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:53:22 PM »

While I don't have a DL1608, I do have a 1st gen ipad. It tends to be somewhat sluggish on various apps; I know the x32 app was laggy(although I haven't tried the latest version while connected to the mixer) enough to be annoying but still usable. Also if Mackie decided to make the app require iOS 6 you would be SOL because the ipad 1 only gets iOS 5.1.1. Anyway if you get a 1st gen cheap enough it'd be worth it I guess, but I'd recommend an ipad 2 or later. If you were going to have one ipad docked permanently and were going to mix with a second ipad wirelessly for the most part then the one docked could easily be a 1st gen.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Tim Nelson

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 01:12:53 PM »

There was some thread on the forum site before they took it down where they wheretalking about some glitch that only seemed to happen to the ipad 1 something where the return to mixer button would disappear when you went into the effects / EQ page check over at  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?board=26.0  for some more discusions on it I think they where going to try and have that fixed for the new update (1.4) coming out hopefully this week.

Steve Garris

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »

There was some thread on the forum site before they took it down where they wheretalking about some glitch that only seemed to happen to the ipad 1 something where the return to mixer button would disappear when you went into the effects / EQ page check over at  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?board=26.0  for some more discusions on it I think they where going to try and have that fixed for the new update (1.4) coming out hopefully this week.

Correct - Avoid the ipad-1. I found out the hard way. I picked up a refurbished -2 and it works flawlessly. Mackie just completed the latest firmware upgrade that will supposedly fix the ipad 1 problem, and might include some wanted upgrades to the Masterfader software. I bring my ipad 1 to the gig as a backup. Also note that the ipad 1 is thicker, thus you need to insert a "tray" into the DL1608 in order to use the 2 or 3. This is a little cumbersome if you try to use both an ipad 1 and a newer ipad.

The cacophony forums are about as good as it gets for a DL1608 forum.

I'm also selling my Mixwiz and some outboard gear. After 2 gigs I was able to get a better sound with the 1608.

Rob Dellwood

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 06:39:41 PM »

I'm thinking about parting out my mixwizard rig and replacing it with the DL1608. I would like to just permanently attach an ipad to it. Since iPad 1's are really cheap now it seems like the way to go. I'm wondering how well the 1st gen iPad runs while docked on the 1608. Is it able to play music, mix, and record like it should? Any gotcha's I should be aware of?

If the 1st gen iPads seem slow or otherwise don't work as well I would just upgrade to a 2nd gen to be safe. I don't own an iPad  right now so unfortunately can't test it.

Thanks

A club I work at switched to the DL1608 with an iPad 1.  It works ok, although there have been a couple issues with it freezing up after going to the effects pages.  We don't record with it or play music, however.  Can't speak to that. It was very solid using wifi and no connection issues at all.  I own an ipad 2, so I bring mine and mix on that, with the house iPad 1 just sitting in the cradle.  Works fine for me. 

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:00:39 PM »

I had the DL1608 and used it with iPad1 with no issues.
Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:00:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.