ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Front PA Electronic Music 3000-4000 Pax  (Read 7202 times)

Marius Sommer

Re: Front PA Electronic Music 3000-4000 Pax
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »

The Budget depends on what we buy. If we buy a whole system beeing capable of everything we want we can do 70.000€. But that`s the real upper limit. I think we will go for 50.000€ if possibly.

We always rent the stage as well as the light. We can get what we need.

The subwoofers of J Sub were far away from the impact I`m used to have from the hornloaded subwoofers. The midrange the same. Maybe define it as impulse response or attack of the kick. A lot of low end down to real 30Hz is always nice, but not a must have. 40Hz is somehow ok. The throw of the d&b system was very good. The sound quality not. No fine details. And under high level a low of intermodulation distortion. Funktion One is much much better here.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 06:08:21 PM »

Marius,
You may wish to work with a local reseller first and have them present you with options. Then you can let us know what option you have and from that point critique the packages offered to you.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 08:59:29 AM »

The Budget depends on what we buy.

This is backwards.  You make a plan, where you determine what your business needs are first, your projected needs/desires/expansion for the future, then determine what equipment purchases or rentals will be needed after.

So, one big question I haven't seen asked and answered yet:  How many events per month are you providing support for currently, how big are they, and how many of these events are you able to cover with your current system?

If you've been covering 80 to 90% of your current schedule with the current inventory of equipment, and you don't have enough larger events on the horizon, you may want to stay as you are, and rent gear for the larger shows.  If you've already started booking larger regular shows, then expanding the current system or buying a larger system may be in order.

If we buy a whole system beeing capable of everything we want we can do 70.000€. But that`s the real upper limit. I think we will go for 50.000€ if possibly.

Okay, so let's just go with the 50k Euro figure as a budget.  That is a fair budget, and may let you get a decent system for 3-4k audiences. As of today, that's about $66k USD.  As Bob says, you may want to shop around locally, as other factors such as service, cross rental, and availability play into the plan.  After getting quotes, then come back here for comments as Bob mentioned.

The possibility of building more subs and just purchasing top boxes with rigging and suitable coverage for the larger events is certainly a viable option.

Best regards,

John
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:06:07 AM by John Halliburton »

Mike Sweel

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 11:17:35 AM »

The Budget depends on what we buy. If we buy a whole system beeing capable of everything we want we can do 70.000€. But that`s the real upper limit. I think we will go for 50.000€ if possibly.

The subwoofers of J Sub were far away from the impact I`m used to have from the hornloaded subwoofers. The midrange the same. Maybe define it as impulse response or attack of the kick. A lot of low end down to real 30Hz is always nice, but not a must have. 40Hz is somehow ok. The throw of the d&b system was very good. The sound quality not. No fine details. And under high level a low of intermodulation distortion. Funktion One is much much better here.

It is also important, where are you located, how is with cross-rental etc.?

Marius Sommer

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 07:25:34 AM »

Backwards up can be a strategy :)

We are from southern Germany. The local reseller don`t have an idea about larger systems and they can tell me anything because they want to sell their systems. It`s not that easy to get a listening test. Already tried this. I want to get closer maybe to 3 or 4 possibilities before starting the alarm.

What do you think about the Void products: http://www.voidaudio.com/products/touring.html
Mainly they are in installations as I saw. Does the rigging work and how is the throw?

By ourselves the system is needed 3 times a year for big events and around 6 times for smaller ones. That`s not the problem, beause it wents also to rent for other venues.

We can rent here d&b everywhere but we want to get rid of this. We also can rent Funktion One, but the pricing is so high that we better go for our own.

Yes to only purchase the top boxes will maybe be a good way. Nothing is against that.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 01:30:24 PM »

Backwards up can be a strategy :)

We are from southern Germany. The local reseller don`t have an idea about larger systems and they can tell me anything because they want to sell their systems. It`s not that easy to get a listening test. Already tried this. I want to get closer maybe to 3 or 4 possibilities before starting the alarm.

What do you think about the Void products: http://www.voidaudio.com/products/touring.html
Mainly they are in installations as I saw. Does the rigging work and how is the throw?

By ourselves the system is needed 3 times a year for big events and around 6 times for smaller ones. That`s not the problem, beause it wents also to rent for other venues.

We can rent here d&b everywhere but we want to get rid of this. We also can rent Funktion One, but the pricing is so high that we better go for our own.

Yes to only purchase the top boxes will maybe be a good way. Nothing is against that.

I don't know about the rigging or the throw, but the Void system at ULTRA last year sounded fantastic.   It's definitely worth looking into.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

ProSoundWeb Community

ยซ Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 01:30:24 PM ยป

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 26 queries.