ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC Q-SYS vs BSS Soundweb London  (Read 5346 times)

BenFranske

QSC Q-SYS vs BSS Soundweb London
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »

I'm interested in hearing what thoughts people have on the comparisons between the QSC Q-SYS Core 250i and a couple of BLU-160 units. What features/quality differences make one a significantly better choice than the other. Of special interest for my application would be the automix capabilities and ability to do basic control and change presets from an iPad app.

Thanks!

Jeff Baumgartner

Re: QSC Q-SYS vs BSS Soundweb London
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:16:44 AM »

While I can't comment on the BSS, I can however on the Q-SYS.
We have a CORE 500i (it's just bigger) and multiple I/O frames in a 18k+ seat arena.
There is absolutely nothing that I have thrown at it that it can't do.
The GUI can't be any easier to create. Custom control pages (for your iPad) are amazingly simple. Automixing works very well and is easy to setup and operate.
by the time you add in the audio players, LUA scripting, ability to mointor audio remotely and all the other features, Q-SYS is the only DSP I will ever request anymore. (budget permitting of course)
While I have not used an ipad to control it yet, using a windows tablet works extremely well.
Give the Op only the controls you want them to have and be done with it.
Jeff Baumgartner

Show Technologies Audio Visual

BenFranske

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 01:46:34 AM »

Thanks! I've heard similar praise from other Q-SYS users. People who have worked with the BSS stuff that I've talked to have more mixed reviews and a lot of "it gets the job done" type attitude.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »

Thanks! I've heard similar praise from other Q-SYS users. People who have worked with the BSS stuff that I've talked to have more mixed reviews and a lot of "it gets the job done" type attitude.
Its also a substantially newer product than the BSS!  Software industry moves fast, much happens in just a few years.
It also looks as though with the QSC you can do large channel-count matrixing jobs with fewer overall rack-pieces needed.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.