ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Webcasting software/options?  (Read 6882 times)

Adam Wh3tham

• Grand Forks, ND
Webcasting software/options?
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:17:56 PM »

So, diving into this realm at work. Not something I'm familiar with.

Anyone have any favorites on being able to broadcast live video right out to the web and record it also?
I practice safe excursion on the weekends

Mike Reigh

Re: Webcasting software/options?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 02:33:43 PM »

I do online meetings using a free app called Anymeeting.  It works well, but the A/V quality isn't that great if your upload speed is DSL grade.

Adam Wh3tham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:12:03 AM »

I do online meetings using a free app called Anymeeting.  It works well, but the A/V quality isn't that great if your upload speed is DSL grade.

Surprisingly simple, only problem is it doesn't support mobile devices, which unfortunately looks like its going to become a requirement. :(

So far Adobe Connect and Fuze seem to be the front runners. =/ Keeping an eye out at Anymeeting to see if they ever have mobile device support though.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »

Surprisingly simple, only problem is it doesn't support mobile devices, which unfortunately looks like its going to become a requirement. :(

So far Adobe Connect and Fuze seem to be the front runners. =/ Keeping an eye out at Anymeeting to see if they ever have mobile device support though.

Adam....

I haven't tried their video streaming, but I've been quite satisfied with Shoutcast as a platform for streaming audio for broadcast remotes.  But as with anything else which participates in shared bandwidth, traffic on the local service leg can vary and you're subject to possible packet loss when the network gets stressed.  I don't know of any system which will not stutter once the compression snipping comes into play.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:16:18 AM »

Anyone have any favorites on being able to broadcast live video right out to the web and record it also?
We utilize Mediasite for any webcasting that needs to happen…they bring their own operator and hardware and take it from there. ;-)

Maybe there's some training on it - I haven't gotten around to that side of things just yet.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Mike Reigh

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »

It's not IOS compatible due to it being written in Flash, however I do believe they offer an android app for it.

Adam Wh3tham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 05:29:06 PM »

It's not IOS compatible due to it being written in Flash, however I do believe they offer an android app for it.

Yea, and unfortunately all mobile devices are Apple in this house. :( Dual wielding iPhone's and iPads.... Arg.

mikeroger

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 06:06:21 AM »

You can use gomeetnow in order to record your web meetings, web conferences, online meetings etc.  It provides recording feature, wherein, it records screen and voice using your computer's microphone. The resulting recording is stored as an executable file which contains both the recorded data and a built-in player. Alternatively, you may even consider deploying on premise RHUB web-video conferencing appliances.

Glen Kelley

• El Paso, TX
    • The University of Texas at El Paso
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »

V-brick hardware has always been super reliable, but it is very expensive. If you need to reach lots of people, it is worth looking into using a Content Distribution provider. (Akamai, Limelight, etc.) This way, you don't have to buy and maintain the media-servers that are used for the final distribution of the content to users.

On the production side, Telestream Wirecast is hard to beat for providing a slick, high-end look for not a whole lot of money! It will record to disk, and it has limited direct-streaming capabilities.

The software is designed to push to a streaming server or 3rd party distribution network, so the internal streaming server is not really designed to serve a large audience. A little bit of a learning curve, as it uses lots of "broadcast" terminology, but it is pretty amazing what you can do with it. There is also a "desktop capture" plugin that can be used to capture a presenter's laptop via the network.

http://www.telestream.net/wirecast/overview.htm

http://www.telestream.net/company/press-kit/download/Wirecast_workflow.jpg

Worth a look.  I believe there is a free trial that has full functionality, but watermarks the video.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.