ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Transporting your measurement Rig  (Read 10669 times)

peter dakin

Transporting your measurement Rig
« on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:23 AM »

For the past few years, I've survived by having all my measurement kit in my gig bag.
I've a nice little peli case for my mic, but the soundcard just gets a brutal life.

I've recently added a PC tablet to my kit and my back and gig back are straining at the seems.
Ideally I'd want a case that is 'plug-and-play' rather than secure transport, but at this moment, just a peli case and pick foam is appealing.
Final thing is it needs to be Airline/baggage handler proof!

I was interested to see how everyone is transporting their systems?

Timo Beckman

• Rational Acoustics/Isemcon/Fulcrum Acoustic NL
    • Timo Beckman Geluid
Re: Transporting your measurement Rig
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:28:55 AM »

like this in my case

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:59:17 AM by Timo Beckman »

peter dakin

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »

like this in my case

exactly that! yes please!

I was looking at THESE but they're not quite what I'm after. Its got the Laptop, Flying boxes ticked, however its a little bulky and doesn't fit all airline specifications.

Timo Beckman

• Timo Beckman Geluid
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »

exactly that! yes please!

I was looking at THESE but they're not quite what I'm after. Its got the Laptop, Flying boxes ticked, however its a little bulky and doesn't fit all airline specifications.

The cases were custom build . The advantage i have by doing it this way is that i can start measuring within about 5 min after i open it up . Just connect the powercon a few XLR's and go if the rest of the stuff is up and running (most of the time it's not so....might take a bit longer to get all long cable runs in or the mixing desk up and running).
I've just ordered a new rack for the KVM consolle and SIM3/processing stuff i have . As soon as it's ready and up and running i'll post a picture of it . That's not a small 1 (16 units high)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:40:42 PM by Timo Beckman »

Arthur Skudra

• SR Forums
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 01:34:46 PM »

For the past few years, I've survived by having all my measurement kit in my gig bag.
I've a nice little peli case for my mic, but the soundcard just gets a brutal life.

I've recently added a PC tablet to my kit and my back and gig back are straining at the seems.
Ideally I'd want a case that is 'plug-and-play' rather than secure transport, but at this moment, just a peli case and pick foam is appealing.
Final thing is it needs to be Airline/baggage handler proof!

When I fly with my measurement rig, I usually use a combination of cases to keep under the 50 lb limit for checked baggage and 22 lb limit for carryons (and yes, they do weigh them here).  For a hard case I use a Pelican Storm iM2500, for a soft case I use a Travelpro 22" rollaboard, and for cables I have a medium duffel bag.  For a carryon I have a large Crumpler bag briefcase.  Usually the valuable stuff comes on board with me in my briefcase (mics, computer, ipad, etc).  I find using my Travelpro gets the least amount of attention from airport staff, however everytime I check my Storm case, they want to know if there's anything fragile inside, and usually make a fuss if I have anything expensive inside.  Also 3 out of 4 times I'm waiting at baggage claim for the Storm case, and discover it has been put out in the fragile items baggage drop!

Pascal.Pincosy

• SR Forums
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 07:51:48 AM »

I use a Pelican 1080 Hardback case for my Praxis measurement system. Haven't found the right case for the Studio Six Digital system yet, and my SMAART system hasn't really been used in quite a while. Between the ease of use of the AudioTools setup and the power of Praxis, the SMAART setup ends up being superfluous.

Timo Beckman

• Timo Beckman Geluid
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 06:57:13 AM »

The cases were custom build . The advantage i have by doing it this way is that i can start measuring within about 5 min after i open it up . Just connect the powercon a few XLR's and go if the rest of the stuff is up and running (most of the time it's not so....might take a bit longer to get all long cable runs in or the mixing desk up and running).
I've just ordered a new rack for the KVM consolle and SIM3/processing stuff i have . As soon as it's ready and up and running i'll post a picture of it . That's not a small 1 (16 units high)

So this will be my main measurement rack .
http://timobeckmangeluid.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/new-measurement-rack/
The equipment in there might change the coming weeks .

This is the non travel light version of my small measurement set-up
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:58:18 AM by Timo Beckman »

peter dakin

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »

So this will be my main measurement rack .
http://timobeckmangeluid.wordpress.com/2013/03/15/new-measurement-rack/
The equipment in there might change the coming weeks .
This is the non travel light version of my small measurement set-up
Nice!
I especially like the slide-away PC. Is that just controlling other PC hidden away or is it something a little more substantial?

Timo Beckman

• Timo Beckman Geluid
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 06:45:08 PM »

Nice!
I especially like the slide-away PC. Is that just controlling other PC hidden away or is it something a little more substantial?

It's a Aten KVM consolle so basicly a screen keyboard and a mouse able to controll 8 computers from 1 location . In my case it will be 1 or 2 macs 1 windows dingaling and SIM3 . It also has a VGA output witch allows me to hook up a screen or beamer for short seminars i give here in the netherlands

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 11:02:23 PM »

Timo,
Are you using the soundwebs for system drives? or other functions? Does anyone is rider land ever question them?
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 11:02:23 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.