ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone verify this pic?  (Read 11891 times)

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
Re: Can someone verify this pic?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 11:08:57 PM »

created to minimize the noise outside the arena and better control of the sound directivity.

144 V-DOSC flown
88 SB28 flown
32 SB28 floor
4 SB28 behind FOH

Valiant effort, but you just gave 144 V-Dosc and 114 dual-18's to a bunch of DJ's.  They WILL find max output for that rig!!   ;)
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 11:30:57 PM »

My body can't handle the drugs necessary to attend an event of this nature...  getting old sucks... ;)

Better living through chemistry, Monsanto.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Gary Green

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »

Guess I'm officially old - I watched the vids and just don't  get it.  What genre is it?  Fantastic equipment, although it seemed underutilized.  I kept waiting for something to happen - like the second coming or something.  Obviously popular style - but why?  I don't hate it - just really don't get the hook.

I found the video interesting for about 30 seconds. If I was actually there, I may have found it cool for 30 minutes. Watkins Glen 1973 - Three days and still wanted more.
What could that mean?

Back to load in....

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 07:45:48 AM »

don't feel bad, I had to look it up... and I think I was SR provider for one (small venue) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardstyle

Your new word for today is hardbass. I'm not sure if it is done much here in the US.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »

Valiant effort, but you just gave 144 V-Dosc and 114 dual-18's to a bunch of DJ's.  They WILL find max output for that rig!!   ;)
You are missing the whole point.

The idea of a distributed approach (in this case) is to produce the same SPL at the listeners-but reduce it outside.

Sure it could have been done with less boxes-that were run harder-but the sound outside would be greater.

We recently did a distributed approach in a stadium that somebody who lives a couple of miles away said in print that the new system was not as loud as the old one (single source/cluster)-because he could not hear it at his house-and he could hear the old one.

HOWEVER INSIDE the stadium-the new system is 20dB LOUDER!

Yeah-he has "proof" and is willing to "proclaim it".

Yes a distributed approach take s more boxes/cost etc.  But that does not mean that it is run at max output.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Gary Green

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 12:05:49 PM »

I found the video interesting for about 30 seconds. If I was actually there, I may have found it cool for 30 minutes. Watkins Glen 1973 - Three days and still wanted more.
What could that mean?

Back to load in....
Couldn't help myself...just found these a year or so ago.... Notice the dated PA, but there were a couple delay towers as you can see. This hasn't been seen by anyone except a few friends until now. I would be interested in anyone else's photos from this event or any other small fests from the Northeast during the 70s...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:13:27 PM by Gary Green »

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 09:54:58 PM »

I was being facetious Ivan,  I understand the goals and purpose of the deployment, but was joking about the fact that the DJ's would do anything to get all those amps in the red :-)

You are missing the whole point.

The idea of a distributed approach (in this case) is to produce the same SPL at the listeners-but reduce it outside.

Sure it could have been done with less boxes-that were run harder-but the sound outside would be greater.

We recently did a distributed approach in a stadium that somebody who lives a couple of miles away said in print that the new system was not as loud as the old one (single source/cluster)-because he could not hear it at his house-and he could hear the old one.

HOWEVER INSIDE the stadium-the new system is 20dB LOUDER!

Yeah-he has "proof" and is willing to "proclaim it".

Yes a distributed approach take s more boxes/cost etc.  But that does not mean that it is run at max output.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 07:54:49 AM »

I would be interested in anyone else's photos from this event or any other small fests from the Northeast during the 70s...
You could look around here.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 07:54:49 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.